Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barcham,getting outplayed by a broner fan is nothing to be ashamed of,just honor our bet and we can call it even

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      chris mannix from sports illustrated said he heard the same

mannix also claims that PPV is a declining market. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        mannix also claims that PPV is a declining market. lol
        Sounds like someone trying to be kind to Team Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          lol yep......

Comment

yeah, he has other tweets saying its a good debut number, blah blah blah.

I just dont believe the accuracy of numbers out this early. By Thursday we should know whats what for sure.......

I predicted 225k-250k, but its not like I get a piece of the action or anything so it doesnt really matter. I hope it did though, as it makes the Cotto-Canelo winner more likely to fight GGG. 150k or below gives them an excuse to duck......

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
              lol yep......
              I mean come on. Anything under 200K suggests even the above-average boxing fan passed up on buying the PPV. And some hardcore fans too.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head. Roy didn't become a star until about 2002-2003. He was simply a name before then. The Griffin II PPV sold less than 100k if I recall but then again was barely promoted (HBO did not want it on PPV) and the fight took place in Connecticut in front of a sparse crowd.

Golovkin is a pretty good B-side fighter. Pit him against a fellow B-sider like Ward and I bet they sell 325K. Maybe more if done right.
                Toney fight did 300K but he didn't sniff that again until Ruiz and then was a solid 300 consistently for the Tarver fights. GGG at 33 might be able to hit a 500 or so with the right partner.

Comment

What was Cotto's first PPV headliner?

Edit

Against Mosley
                  It was Judah

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Toney fight did 300K but he didn't sniff that again until Ruiz and then was a solid 300 consistently for the Tarver fights. GGG at 33 might be able to hit a 500 or so with the right partner.
                    Exactly. Two strong B-side opponents will do about 325K, maybe more. The only way GGG sniffs 500 is against Cotto or Canelo.

Comment

• Floydies numbers are crazy!
                      It wasn't a bomb but not a good number

Comment

Working...
                      X