No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
    gramps was dead set on the ppv doing WELL over 200k,i told him it would do LESS then 200k,so we made a bet

my boy -kev- warned me that barcham would back out of he lost because hes a sore loser ctybaby but i went with it anyway,and now look at him,hes gone

im in posession of his soul tho,so if u need to reach him for any reason just ask me
    I wonder why he bailed so early? Its not like Fighthype is a credible source or anything, especially only 72 hours after the ppv.

He should have waited for a more credible source before jumping out the window.........lol

Edit: and personally, I dont believe the 150k number. And not just because of GGG. I think the HBO platform and marketing would have delivered a better number. You have to go all the way back to 2004 and Klitschko vs Danny Williams to find an HBO ppv that did less than 200k buys.

My prediction was 225k-250k, so we'll see how it plays out.......
    Last edited by OnePunch; 10-20-2015, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Are you kidding me? for someone that went so hard on others, you sure can't take much heat.

I have seen many a dude go out like punks on here or on the internet in general but this would have to be top 5. It ain't even that bad~
      Imagine ol' boy when Ward takes ggg's soul. Would have been astronomical to say the least.

Comment

• Some food for thought, just imagine what some of these guys would do if golovkin actually lost lol. Barcham wants to leave over poor ppv sales

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Less than they hoped for but not terrible or unprofitable for a first PPV against a lightly known foe. He clearly isn't a PPV monster yet and might never be. He's below the initial point for guys like May and Oscar but about on par with Roy's fights against Griffin and Paz types. Solid gate draw but is going to need a dance partner to really dent this market.
          You hit the nail on the head. Roy didn't become a star until about 2002-2003. He was simply a name before then. The Griffin II PPV sold less than 100k if I recall but then again was barely promoted (HBO did not want it on PPV) and the fight took place in Connecticut in front of a sparse crowd.

Golovkin is a pretty good B-side fighter. Pit him against a fellow B-sider like Ward and I bet they sell 325K. Maybe more if done right.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            I wonder why he bailed so early? Its not like Fighthype is a credible source or anything, especially only 72 hours after the ppv.

He should have waited for a more credible source before jumping out the window.........lol
            fighthype is actually credible......waaaaay more credible than anything espn/dan raphael puts out regarding boxing thats for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              From reading that post it seems more than your brain is full of sh i t.

Also Floydhype as source? I won't even comment on that.
              chris mannix from sports illustrated said he heard the same

Last edited by MrRolltide91; 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

Edit: and personally, I dont believe the 150k number. And not just because of GGG. I think the HBO platform and marketing would have delivered a better number. You have to go all the way back to 2004 and Klitschko vs Danny Williams to find an HBO ppv that did less than 200k buys.

My prediction was 225k-250k, so we'll see how it plays out.......
                chris mannix from sports illustrated said he heard the same

Comment

• Cottos first PPV did 225k which is better but not by much and his one with Martinez did only 350k

Comment

• Someone tell me how many times fighthype has been wrong and then compare with other top sites, for instance. We're tired of dumbasses thinking they can say "floydhype" and dismiss **** like this is grade school and we're arguing over legos. If you can't cite numerous factual inaccuracies then your opinion goes in the bushes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Cottos first PPV did 225k which is better but not by much and his one with Martinez did only 350k
                      What was Cotto's first PPV headliner?

Edit

Against Mosley

Comment

Working...
                      X