Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    i would guess 550k-650k......
    Yeah I'll go with that. It's a strong fight, but I'm not seeing the type of buzz that'll get it 1mill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      Ward couldn't even draw that many fans to watch him on BET for FREE. Try again.
      Why are you so against Ward-GGG? Its clear, neither are stars at this point in their careers. So why not just say hell with all the d1ck measuring and let's make a superfight. It nay not be a mega event. But its damn sure a superfight among real fights. What's the problem???

Comment

• this is what happens when you hype up garbage mismatches.......casual fans didn't hop on aboard the lil g hype train......put him in there with some real competition then the casual fans will buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          fail!!!! this is an epic fail and there isn't lil g groupie out there that can deny this.
          If the event turns a profit, it is considerably better than an "epic fail".

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            If you're a boxing fan, this is excellent and I'll tell you why:

1. They tried to sell us 2 mismatches on PPV in consecutive months, they both flopped because these aren't the fights we want to see.

2. HBO is trying to build a model of cheap fighters and good ratings. This sends the message that we want better matchups. Relevant fights between the best fighters in the sport.

3. The PPV model needs to die. Boxers like GGG deserve more exposure and should be on national television in front of multi-millions of households.

I hope this sends a message that we want more.
            The problem with that idea is that the economics simply dont work. With fringe sports like boxing, the ratings will NEVER draw in enough ad revenue to cover the nut. (Unless of course you have an entity like PBC willing to lose several million dollars per event)

Unfortunately though those kinds of losses are not sustainable in the long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Yeah I'll go with that. It's a strong fight, but I'm not seeing the type of buzz that'll get it 1mill.
              are they even doing 24/7 for that fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                Cotto-A side > lil' g b side
                Mandatory defence > Catchweight demand

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  dying model??? IS that what we are going with now?
                  That idea is so ridiculous all you have to do is go back to May 2nd, where all PPV records were broken. That's pretty good for a dying model. Lol

Comment

• That isn't great. I thought GGG was a little more popular than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      If the event turns a profit, it is considerably better than an "epic fail".
                      i doubt it will, given that the cable company takes half off the top and ggg got 2.5 and lemeiux got 1 or 1.5mil plus all the promotional logistical stuff that ain't cheap. they were aiming for 200k and sold less than 150k. plus add in all of his nuthuggers that were claiming he would do 300k easily. yea i call that a fail.

Comment

Working...
                      X