No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the L if it's true.

Declining PPV market and PPV debut don't really mean much money wise.
    Rough estimate at a $55 avg price is around 8,250,000. So the how would've broken a little above even. Even if it didn't do that, the needle isn't moving

Would've meant they fell short of expectations either way.

I'm finally happy that he was finally able to unify after the Pirog debacle and taking 3 years of trying.

Comment

Larry got jsmooth all riled up. real quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        The Canelo-Cotto fight will tell us where the PPV model stands. If they do over 1M buys, then I think it's in good shape. If It does Floyd-Berto numbers, then I think PPV model is pretty much finished for the time being.
        It's gonna do huge numbers I think...PPV is still viable for 2 A side type fighters against each other...

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
          Well that ought to bring him and his team down from the clouds.
          Exactly,he will have to bend to whatever Cotto/Canelo wants him to do to be get the fight...does he want to fight them and become a star?? or just pick up another vacant title?

Comment

I'll wait for Canelo-Cotto but Floyd-Manny may hurt boxing PPV overall.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
              Larry got jsmooth all riled up. real quick!
              It's easy when you see posters like that flip flopping.."OH NOW PPV'S DONT REALLY MATTER"...BLA BLA BLA

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Exactly,he will have to bend to whatever Cotto/Canelo wants him to do to be get the fight...does he want to fight them and become a star?? or just pick up another vacant title?
                155 it is. ggg isnt a big enough star to be making demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post

I'll wait for Canelo-Cotto but Floyd-Manny may hurt boxing PPV overall.
                  yea, because cotto martinez happened after floyd manny

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Well I'm a fan but I have no pimples lol....
                    Cotto fought Martinez at 159 so I would hope he'd do 158-157 for GGG.. But we all know he will say 155 or no fight and then GGG has to make a decision based on how healthy he can fight at that weight I guess.

Ward is no star either honestly. We know he's a great fighter but ask any casual fan on the street and they couldn't even tell you who he's beat. They'd probably think he was just a commentator on HBO.

GGG is probably the 3rd biggest star in boxing behind Canelo and Cotto if we rule out Manny at this point. That doesn't equate to PPV sales though. Even Canelo and Cotto only do 300-350 and Manny vs Rios and Algieri did the same.

Just proves you need 2 guys to sell.. GGG vs Canelo would do 1 million plus easy...
                    cotto and canelo is gonna do 1 million plus. not golovkin and canelo. people don't get that 1 million PPVs are much much harder to achieve then anything. golovkin won't bring a fan base to any one of these guys. they will be carrying the event. they do 3 400k alone without a super dance partner. so I'd judge it to be around 350k. with majority of most of those buys being cotto supporters. martinez had a much larger fan base then golovkin and more PPV experience at the time of fighting cotto and he still manged to rack up 400k against cotto.

golovkin would bring even less to the table. you see how ppv numbers isn't about anything else but timing, business, and consistency? has nothing to do with how hard you can hit. if it's there it's there if it's not it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by luiz View Post

i'll wait for canelo-cotto but floyd-manny may hurt boxing ppv overall.
                      lol..this is all damage control...all the sudden ppv is dying when ggg gets on it...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X