No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas is sick of Golovkins Competition: He spazes out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    WHat did you think of Lemeuiex prior to him signing to fight GGG?
    Certainly better than Quillin or Jacobs.

Lemieux was a hard-hitting titleholder that had looked good in recent fights. It was the best fight to make at 160 besides Cotto or Canelo, who are busy fighting each other.

Honestly, I knew Lemieux was a limited fighter, but I also knew that he would come to throw down and give Gennady a tough fight. It just turned out to be so one-sided because Gennady is a smarter boxer than people give him credit for. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good fight to make.
    Last edited by Contra; 10-20-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contra View Post
      Certainly better than Quillin or Jacobs.

Lemieux was a hard-hitting titleholder that had looked good in recent fights. It was the best fight to make at 160 besides Cotto or Canelo, who are busy fighting each other.

Honestly, i knew Lemieux was a limited fighter, but I also knew that he would come to throw down and give Gennady a tough fight. It just turned out to be so one-sided because Gennady is a smarter boxer than people give him credit for. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good fight to make.
      How is he certainty better than either of them? Just because he fought on HBO?

He beat Rosado, a guy with no chance to beat him, and Ndjam, a guy Quillin beat when he was undefeated 3 years ago. I agree it was the best fight available at 160 given the politics (Lara would be better).

GGG was a huge favorite for a reason. Very few thought this would be a tough fight for him.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-20-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• I've never known him to be a company guy...but is he reading off PBC scripts now ?

Comment

How is he certainty better than either of them? Just because he fought on HBO?

He beat Rosado, a guy with no chance to beat him, and Ndjam, a guy Quillin beat when he was undefeated 3 years ago. I agree it was the best fight available at 160 given the politics (Lara would be better).

GGG was a huge favorite for a reason. Very few thought this would be a tough fight for him.
          N'dam seemed to do a whole lot better against Quillin than he did against Lemeiux. I mean, he was out-boxing Peter fairly easy. But the knock downs were the difference. Dude is chinny or else he'd be a pretty good fighter.

GGG would be a huge favorite over any middleweight, so I'm not sure what that is saying other than people think he's that good. I think before this fight, Lemieux vs Quillin and Lemueix vs Jacobs would be very close as far as the odds go. Quillin maybe a slight edge and David the favorite over jacobs for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            N'dam seemed to do a whole lot better against Quillin than he did against Lemeiux. I mean, he was out-boxing Peter fairly easy. But the knock downs were the difference. Dude is chinny or else he'd be a pretty good fighter.

GGG would be a huge favorite over any middleweight, so I'm not sure what that is saying other than people think he's that good. I think before this fight, Lemieux vs Quillin and Lemueix vs Jacobs would be very close as far as the odds go. Quillin maybe a slight edge and David the favorite over jacobs for sure.
            Ndjam was almost 3 years younger and didn't have the 4 fights of damage when he fought Quillin, which most likely accounts for the difference. I think its safe to say QUillin fought the the better version of Ndjam than Lemuiex did.

I think it says the quality of opponent is weak and GGG is very talented. I have never denied his talent, very few have.

I think its fair to say a Lara fight, given style, would be far more difficult than Lemuiex.

Comment

• Atlas was on point he must have really lost it when they said he was one of the greatest MW's ever

Comment

You only saw him fight Rosado (dec 14) and Njam (june 2015) before he signed to fight GGG yet felt he was a "powerhouse at MW" that " wasn't afraid to take on all comers"?

Respectfully, how is it possible to reach this conclusion with only knowing 2 of 36 opponents?

I thought he was a slugger who had lost to the best fighters on his resume. He wasn't a bum, but he wasn't a test for GGG.
                Well I guess it's your opinion vs mine. What fighter of your choosing would you want him to fight? Quilin doesn't want it neither does Jacob so who would have been your choice? Please don't say Ward

Comment

• And who the fck is Ward facing! lmao!

2 journeymen back to back! When's the last time he beat anyone relevant? 4 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    And who the fck is Ward facing! lmao!

2 journeymen back to back! When's the last time he beat anyone relevant? 4 years?
                    It's been awhile for sure but Ward still has at least 5 scalps on his belt that are head and shoulders above anyone ggg has faced.

Comment

• Teddy is right. BUT...when thes guys dont wanna fight you. What can you do?

Comment

Working...
                      X