• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youre a ****ing bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
      A master class? No.

I would hope he looked better, considering he was fighting a lesser opponent than Lemieux in one of the most shallow divisions in the sport.

Master class my ass.

-----------------------------
      Yep agreed, I think the two fighters Viloria and Lemieux are sort of comparable but Lemieux is absolutely and undoubtedly the bigger threat, Roman was getting hit several times but maybe only because he knew this guy had nothing to worry him.

Comment

They are both great. GGG is 160 and Gonzalez is 112 so they aren't in competition with each other. Gonzalez probably is a better boxer than GGG. Gonzalez is also a better boxer than just about any boxer in any weight class. GGG is an excellent boxer but he isn't famous for his boxing skill. He just knocked out his 21st boxer in a row. GGG is famous for knocking fighters out. GGG is also famous for having the best punches of bombers like Lemieux bounce harmlessly off him like rain drops.

Comment

I didn't see Gonzalez v Viloria but noway should Gonzalez have gone 9 rounds with a guy so far gone. But I'll have to see the fight to assess it properly. But having watched Gonzalez for a while now, I don't think he is better than GGG.

GGG is meaner, has better footwork, better accuracy but what I think Gonzalez does better is his punch selection. Whereas GGG goes jab, jab, right, left almost all the time, Roman mixes it up a lot more and I think he attacks to the body better too, although last night GGG put on a masterclass of body punching.

Comment

Gonzalez should be higher on most P4P lists of knowledgeable boxing fans.

Fanboys are still gonna side with their guy & GGG has a lot of fanboys. Maybe more than anyone except Manny these days since Floyd is outta the game.

Comment

I don't know what these people are watching. I could count from my fingers the number of solid punches Lemieux landed on 3G, while Viloria was landing combinations easily and if he had power, RG would have been dropped on the canvas.

Comment

Not sure where you're going with this thread, Roman is one of the best--if not THEE best-- fighters on the planet.

Comment

This is a troll account. Dont fall for dem traps

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    I don't know what these people are watching. I could count from my fingers the number of solid punches Lemieux landed on 3G, while Viloria was landing combinations easily and if he had power, RG would have been dropped on the canvas.

This^^^

Watched the fight live, and that's the way it went down. Viloria was landing combos and clean shots every round.

David didn't land clean very often, and I know this because every time he did land a punch a small contingent of Canadians in the next section would completely lose their shít.

-----------------------------
                    Last edited by Contra; 10-18-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Interesting. I think both men are incredible fighters in their own right.

One thing I noticed was the fact that GGG dismantled David by taking away his best qualities and frustrating him wih a freaking jab. A jab. He literally did what he wanted to David with his jab and David had no answer for it. In fact, David was able to land a few punches here and there but for the most part, GGG came out clean.

On the other hand, Viloria landed solid punches, was able to take 2 or 3 rounds, and visibly hurt Roman with a body shot before getting taken out himself in the last round of the fight.

What I do take from this is that although they both utilize similar styles, they fight with different levels of aggression.

Comment

Working...
                      X