Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocolatito is a better boxer than GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After watching Gonzalez last night, I do think skillwise he's p4p #1.

Comment

I almost passed over this card in favor of Cotto's but for that I intuited at the last minute what Golovkin said after the fight. He said he thinks #1 P4P is vacant. Last night was like an audition for the position and I was satisfied because I thought both guys turned in that type of performance. I think also the winner of Cotto Canelo ranked over Yamanaka and Brook (the Ring)!
      Last edited by TheStranger; 10-18-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        I didn't see Gonzalez v Viloria but noway should Gonzalez have gone 9 rounds with a guy so far gone. But I'll have to see the fight to assess it properly. But having watched Gonzalez for a while now, I don't think he is better than GGG.

GGG is meaner, has better footwork, better accuracy but what I think Gonzalez does better is his punch selection. Whereas GGG goes jab, jab, right, left almost all the time, Roman mixes it up a lot more and I think he attacks to the body better too, although last night GGG put on a masterclass of body punching.
        That old Viloria is arguably better than anybody on GGG's resume.
        Last edited by _original_; 10-18-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          He got stopped by Tamara.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
            while these two make a terrific HBO combo, Chocolatito puts on a master class of boxing and while GGG tries his best, I as a boxing fan cant help but feel that roman outshines Gennady and gennady knows this
            (.....sigh....), yes OF COURSE he's better than GGG. I mean, everybody is better than Golovkin these days, right?

I get it.

But really, style points don't necessarily translate to superior effectiveness in the ring. There's more than one way to be the best in your division.

Is it just me? Twenty-one straight KO's is a sign that GGG might just have a skill or three...

Comment

while these two make a terrific HBO combo, Chocolatito puts on a master class of boxing and while GGG tries his best, I as a boxing fan cant help but feel that roman outshines Gennady and gennady knows this
              Gonzalez got hit with a bunch of punches while it looked like GGG got tagged with 10 solid punches all night.

Comment

I think GGG should be on the undercard of Chocolatito if we based this on pure talent, GGG says he can box like Mayweather but heck he cant even match roman skill set, ............... yeah but I know, its going to be hard to sell boxers weighing like 12 year old kids...
                There is something called popularity, my friend. While Roman is pretty amazing no doubt about that, Golovkin is the one selling out arenas with the entire crowd chanting his name. I don't think Roman will ever have that same kind of crossover appeal that Gennady has. But I hope they keep fighting together, it's an awesome combo!

Fyi, Golovkin wasn't saying he could box as efficiently as Mayweather, he was saying he could box with that same kind of style, i.e safety first.

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                  GGG got better jab, chin and power. Gonzalez is a better combination puncher and his foot work is more versatile, i like how he was side stepping and punching at the same time like Pacquiao.

this. gonzales is the best combination puncher in boxing.

golovkin has the best jab.
                  golovkin also fights in a much bigger division, where guys can hurt you more easily, so you've got to be more cautious.

if golovkin ate some of the shots chocolatito ate he'd have gotten hurt. if golovkin landed some of the combinations chocolatito landed he'd have knocked lemieux clear out of the ring.

it's very, very difficult to compare a 5'3" former minimumweight to a career middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Nope, not at all. Viloria was once a very good fighter but its all about when fights take place. Currently, Lemeuix or Murray were better at MW than Viloria at this stage.

now, if you had said Estrada, then that's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      Roman impresses the hell out of me

His infighting ability is nasty
                      whilst i think the whole "pound for pound" debate is a waste of time I also think that, on present showings, Gonzalez is better than golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X