No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Announces Run For Senate in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    OR....the fact that the political system in the PI makes US corruption look like childs-play and he doesn't want to associate. He may not be well educated or the smartest guy, however, much like how here in the US, people are fed up with career politicians who are corrupted as hell, maybe a positive, inspiring person would make a good politician. Not just someone promising handouts but embezzling instead.
    But the point is, Pac has obviously decided to become a career politician.

Has decided to run for the senate, but unsure what party he will represent.

Comment

Politicians are all liars; if you take his shoulder stories into consideration, he'll do more than fine.
      Last edited by p4p-champ; 10-05-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        exactly !

Wtf ?
        Maybe I'm only one of few, but I'm wary of any human with the desire to govern (preside over) other humans. I think most politicians lack principle by design; they're more interested in the fame & fortune (leading the herd).
        Hell, remember Senator Joe Lieberman? He would just switch parties in accordance with who was trending.
        Just primates playing roles for other primates. Manny is waiting to see which ilk will give him more money (fortune) & support (fame).
        Tale as old as time.

Comment

isn't he already a senator?

Comment

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
            Maybe I'm only one of few, but I'm wary of any human with the desire to govern (preside over) other humans. I think most politicians lack principle by design; they're more interested in the fame & fortune (leading the herd).
            Hell, remember Senator Joe Lieberman? He would just switch parties in accordance with who was trending.
            Just primates playing roles for other primates. Manny is waiting to see which ilk will give him more money (fortune) & support (fame).
            Tale as old as time.
            True. I dont like parking wardens and people from our HR department, for the exact same reason.

Certain jobs..... you just have to be a **** to want to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              isn't he already a senator?
              congressman ?

or is that the same thing ?

no idea.

Comment

exactly !

Wtf ?
                My take away from all this, is that his behavior suggests a level of tremendous detachment and I believe he fundamentally misunderstands his fame. It's a microcosm really of a guy who's all too willing to let other people drive his life. I'd love to know what he's doing as a Congressman. I don't think we'll never find that out because Pacquiao's life is almost completely scripted by Bob Arum. It feels like the office Pac is holding right now has more to do with image than political acumen or heft.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  GENERAL SANTOS - Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao said Monday he plans to run for a post in the influential Philippine Senate despite a lackluster stint as a congressman.

The star announced he will run as a candidate for the 24-seat upper chamber in May 2016, to mixed reactions from fans.

"Yes, I'm going to run for (a) Senate post this coming 2016 election. But as to which party, that's still to be determined," said the fighter.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  no, manny, no!

politics is not for you...

you can best serve your people even without politics..

Comment

He hasn't figured out what party he wants to represent yet

The " reasons " will be figured out later, most likely depending on who offers him the best package/support..... just like the rest of the politicians.

Politicians are out for themselves, surely everybody realises that.
                    Hey i'm from Harlem, I know all about the political game...we've been stuck with Charlie Rangel since 1971. Yeah you heard that right 19 mofoking 71 bruh. At least when its re-election time we got some shh done for us growing up.

Comment

Always thought Pacquiao was the God of the Phillipines.
                      3rd world country produces a Top 20 ATG in the modern age? Dude is a god.

Comment

Working...
                      X