Overreacting to Broner's win and Lucas' loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Broner beats a former champion=overhyped

Mattysee loses to a guy who never won a title=respectable???

lol....wtf
    They fought different levels of competition. That much is true.

Lucas beats the **** out of Broner. Not because I think Lucas is great, but that's how little I think of spoon-fed Broner

Comment

lol....wtf
      How can you disagree with people calling Broner overhyped when you said he'd be fighter of the decade?

People are saying Matthyse is still a top fighter because he still has some good wins and good performances and doesn't seem to be in decline, just up against a better fighter. And people are saying Broner is overhyped because they don't feel this performance showed real improvements and the opponent wasn't top tier and had been inactive.

I can see a case for rating Broner above Matts or the other way round. But I can't see a case for beating inactive Khabib meaning that you're not overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
        Typical "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" boxing fan mentality. Broner wins a fight he was fully expected to win and now all of a sudden the fan nation of Bronites is up in arms. Broner's the best thing since sliced bread. FFS... give me a break. This is the same underachieving loser who dreams of being the next Floyd but can only match Floyd on the "obnoxious-meter"..... actually surpassing his sensei in that regard.

Matthysse loses to a very respectable opponent who had several inches on him in both height and reach, not to mention a probably 20 pounds in weight..... a total style nightmare for Lucas..... and now the guy's a bum.
        Welcome to NSB, bro. Where did you think you were?

Comment

LOL... people want so bad for Broner to be great they're willing to grab on to any victory... no matter how insignificant, to make their point. Broner was, is, and always will be an overhyped, Floyd-wannabe who provides comical interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
            Lucas felt that his Health and well being was in danger it's his life on the line so he made the decision to quit in which he has every right to do so.

But Let's be honest if broner quit like that he would be on CNN and all major news outlets.this forum would be way less forgiving.some people are saying Lucas is a bum and overated but he can still have a career but for broner that would be an automatic career suicide.
            I agree with this, Broner would get a lot more hate for it. But that comes with the territory when you intentionally act like a dick and try to be the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Welcome to NSB, bro. Where did you think you were?

LOL.... yeah I know. I just felt the point needed to be made.

Comment

Lucas needs to get some of those steroids Broner is using

Comment

Dayam! The forum has officially gone off the reservation. Matthysse is the most overhyped fighter in the last five years. Broner is the greatest 4-division champion ever. Threads popping up like wildfires. Torches and pitchforks for Matthysse..... tickertape parades for Broner. Deport Matthysse!! Broner for President!!

I'll tell you all one big difference between Matthysse and Broner.....

Matthysse is an exciting fighter who just loves to fight. A man who says little, and what little he does say is with respect for his opponents and the sport. He has an aggressive style, very crowd-pleasing, and is a great ambassador for the sport. He's nowhere near the p4p and probably will never be an ATG. But he's fun to watch. That's good enough for me.

Boner is a punk. Hyped from the very beginning, mostly by Boner himself. Fancies himself after Mayweather, probably much to the disgruntlement of Floyd himself. Every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot right in it. I'm sure the networks love to interview him to see what ridiculous **** he comes up with next. He got beat down by Maidana in a fight that EVERYBODY enjoyed..... and has repeatedly underwhelmed according to his lofty expectations.

So while Matthysse may never reach the expectations set for him earlier in his career..... Boner most certainly won't either. Tsk, tsk, tsk........ too bad.

;-)

Comment

lol....wtf
                    Khabib is nowhere near Postol's class doofy.

Postal would whip Broner and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      Postal would whip Broner and you know it.

Postol would have to wait in line behind Lucas and Provo.

Comment

Working...
                      X