Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overreacting to Broner's win and Lucas' loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well since to slickdoe nation mathysse is a bum , and seeing as he will need a comeback fight in the spring , get mathysse broner on showtime
    And make it happen since broner fights bums anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      You have a point, but you are not putting everything into context.

People over rated and got way too excited when Lucas KTFO of Mike Dallas Jr. He was never this good. People also got way too excited over Broner because he beat DeMarco. He was always flawed as well. Move forward through everything til we got to last night.

Most of NSB had written Broner off. I know I did. He was out of shape, lazy and has looked like crap against low level opponents. I was more impressed that he actually got in shape for the fight than I was with the win. Broner's win doesn't mean he is back IMO, but his being in shape suggests he may be changing in to a real professional, which will make him a better fighter.

Most of NSB hasn't written off Lucas despite his obvious flaws. He still gets hyped because of his power when IMO he doesn't deserve to be. He just isn't as good as so many on NSB thinks he is and the reaction to his loss is more about the posters than about Lucas. Lucas isn't a bum, but he was never on the level that so many on NSB put him on.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm as guilty of overrating Lucas as a fighter as anybody. But it wasn't the Dallas Jr. fight that impressed me as much as it was the Lamont Peterson KO. Thing is... I like fighters that love to fight and comport themselves like decent human beings out of the ring. Matthysse fits the bill on both counts. His style is pretty fan-friendly, also. By now, though, he's lost enough so that the luster is off. For the record, I still think he rips Broner a new one.... but we may never find out.

It's impossible for me to like or root for Broner. He was overly hyped from the get-go.... much of it by Broner himself... but also by networks desperate to find the next Floyd. He may have come in shape for this fight... but he's got a lot of ground to make up IMO. Just 'cause he won this fight and grew a beard, doesn't make him a wiser, better fighter. Let's see what happens down the line, is all I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
        I understand where you're coming from. I'm as guilty of overrating Lucas as a fighter as anybody. But it wasn't the Dallas Jr. fight that impressed me as much as it was the Lamont Peterson KO. Thing is... I like fighters that love to fight and comport themselves like decent human beings out of the ring. Matthysse fits the bill on both counts. His style is pretty fan-friendly, also. By now, though, he's lost enough so that the luster is off. For the record, I still think he rips Broner a new one.... but we may never find out.

It's impossible for me to like or root for Broner. He was overly hyped from the get-go.... much of it by Broner himself... but also by networks desperate to find the next Floyd. He may have come in shape for this fight... but he's got a lot of ground to make up IMO. Just 'cause he won this fight and grew a beard, doesn't make him a wiser, better fighter. Let's see what happens down the line, is all I'd say.
        His style IMO is skill lacking and power based. I get why fans like a guy like Matts, but I just wish they would realize that power only gets you so far. If a guy can stand your power, you have to do something else to win.

It's cool if you do not like Broner. Yes, he was over hyped and never acted like he appreciated the opportunities given to him. He still is wasted potential as of now.

coming in shape for this fight is a good start IMO to changing things. If he stops drinking and getting high, making **** and eating crap between fights he might take a step forward.

I just think Matts has peaked and broner has more room for improvement. most of NSB sees it the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
          exactly, good post he is definitely not my fav, this is the first time ive seen him in great shape so hopefully he can finally show us something, he gets hit too much with the same shots, he will do pretty good at 140 hopefully
          all I hope is that he starts taking his job seriously so he can salvage what is left of his career. I just do not know if he ever will.

Comment

Typical "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" boxing fan mentality. Broner wins a fight he was fully expected to win and now all of a sudden the fan nation of Bronites is up in arms. Broner's the best thing since sliced bread. FFS... give me a break. This is the same underachieving loser who dreams of being the next Floyd but can only match Floyd on the "obnoxious-meter"..... actually surpassing his sensei in that regard.

Matthysse loses to a very respectable opponent who had several inches on him in both height and reach, not to mention a probably 20 pounds in weight..... a total style nightmare for Lucas..... and now the guy's a bum. Overrated, never deserved any credit.... how could anybody have lost to this bum.

Boxing fans are a hoot.
            Pay chino well. He comes back and whips the crap out of Adriana get bone-erred

Comment

His style IMO is skill lacking and power based. I get why fans like a guy like Matts, but I just wish they would realize that power only gets you so far. If a guy can stand your power, you have to do something else to win.

It's cool if you do not like Broner. Yes, he was over hyped and never acted like he appreciated the opportunities given to him. He still is wasted potential as of now.

coming in shape for this fight is a good start IMO to changing things. If he stops drinking and getting high, making **** and eating crap between fights he might take a step forward.

I just think Matts has peaked and broner has more room for improvement. most of NSB sees it the other way around.

You and I disagree a little on Lucas... that's cool. I think he's more than just power. He's got underrated speed, and some boxing skills. I can't explain why or how he lost to Garcia... but Postol was physically and stylistically all wrong for him. Credit to Postol who fought the fight of his life. As far as Lucas having peaked... yeah... I'll agree with that. I don't see where he gets significantly better. However... I see a lot of fighters who would fall to Lucas at 140... and that includes Broner himself. Too bad the fight may never happen... 'cause I'd gladly put a bet on Matthysse.

Broner improving? Well, let me put it this way... Lucas was quoted as saying he'd be seeing a psychologist. I'd venture to say it's Broner who needs the shrink to get his head out of his ass and turn into a serious fighter. He's wasted way too much time already.

Comment

You and I disagree a little on Lucas... that's cool. I think he's more than just power. He's got underrated speed, and some boxing skills. I can't explain why or how he lost to Garcia... but Postol was physically and stylistically all wrong for him. Credit to Postol who fought the fight of his life. As far as Lucas having peaked... yeah... I'll agree with that. I don't see where he gets significantly better. However... I see a lot of fighters who would fall to Lucas at 140... and that includes Broner himself. Too bad the fight may never happen... 'cause I'd gladly put a bet on Matthysse.

Broner improving? Well, let me put it this way... Lucas was quoted as saying he'd be seeing a psychologist. I'd venture to say it's Broner who needs the shrink to get his head out of his ass and turn into a serious fighter. He's wasted way too much time already.
                I think Lucas can't beat any top JWW unless he KO's them. Even Provo made the fight a lot closer than it should have been because Lucas can't keep anyone from tagging him.

Yes, that would be a good fight. I'd take broner but I wouldn't be confident. I was very confident danny and postol would win.

Broner needs to take things seriously than he can improve. If he keeps in shape that is half the battle.

He may not need a shrink, just a father that disciplines him instead of brushes his hair on TV.

Comment

I think Lucas can't beat any top JWW unless he KO's them. Even Provo made the fight a lot closer than it should have been because Lucas can't keep anyone from tagging him.

Yes, that would be a good fight. I'd take broner but I wouldn't be confident. I was very confident danny and postol would win.

Broner needs to take things seriously than he can improve. If he keeps in shape that is half the battle.

He may not need a shrink, just a father that disciplines him instead of brushes his hair on TV.

It boils down to an acute lack of maturity.... nothing that can't be fixed.

Regarding Lucas... I certainly hope he comes back. I like watching him fight, and although he may never be champion... he needs to stay at 140. I don't see the logic in wanting to go up in weight when you've just had your ass handed to you at your current weight.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Broner beats a former champion=overhyped

Mattysee loses to a guy who never won a title=respectable???

lol....wtf
                    Khabib a world champion ? When? You mean Danny's interim "regular" title? What was it you were saying about creating **** out of thin air?

Comment

It boils down to an acute lack of maturity.... nothing that can't be fixed.

Regarding Lucas... I certainly hope he comes back. I like watching him fight, and although he may never be champion... he needs to stay at 140. I don't see the logic in wanting to go up in weight when you've just had your ass handed to you at your current weight.
                      Lucas is stuck no matter what. At 140, he isn't IMO good enough to beat the guys at the top. A move to 147 would be ok so long as he is matched correctly. Eventually though, he will face a guy he can't KO and he will likely lose.

He may just be boxing's most dangerous gatekeeper.

Comment

Working...
                      X