Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ineffective Aggression Be Regarded As A Major Scoring Criteria?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Some judges do take into consideration a boxer's aggression when scoring a round, even ineffective aggression, but most judges these days score for effective aggression only.

If "Ineffective Aggression" was regarded as a staple scoring criteria, would it actually make for more entertaining fights and perhaps level the playing field a little between boxers and brawlers?

In other words, imagine if Ineffective Aggression attained almost the same status as "Effective Aggression", it would mean that the more aggressive and active a fighter is, the higher possibility he has to win a fight, even if he's outgunned, over-matched, out-sized and out-skilled!

Oftentimes, the fighter which the audience finds most entertaining is the one who is being aggressive, it's that fighter who usually provides the activity, the motion and movement, the action, while the measured boxer bides his time waiting patiently to counter. So that "ineffectively aggressive" fighter is actually the one entertaining the paying masses and it might make sense to repay him more appropriately by acknowledging his efforts officially on the scorecard?
    It's the opposite of effective aggression, so in a way it already is. I always give points fo effective aggression, if you drive your fighter back by landing shots and putting him on the back foot by force and position, I will give you the round unless you got outpunched, but it's one of the hardest things to do in boxing, land effective shots moving backwards, and you have less power than the man coming forward.

If you are coming forward but getting countered and/or not able to control your opponent and are losing the ring battle then you aren't getting any love from me. take a step back, reassess, and come with a diferent strategy. Throw more feints and frequent jabs and work your way in to land hard shots and pivot.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      WTF lol, did they really just give him that, to me only real way to judge punch stats in any fight is to slow mo the video and count every punch that landed yourself.
      Yes, sometimes when one re-watches a fight, they see things that they never saw before. Slow-mo certainly comes in handy.

Though one thing to be careful about slow-mo is that you can't hear how hard the punch connected. At times what you can't see due to bad camera angle, one can hear the thud(connect). So its good to see it in various speeds.

Comment

Working...
      X