Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Prince Naseem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    OP said at 122 which Hamed fought at for the start of his career
    So we're talking a green Hamed vs a prime Rigo?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Pretty much.

Thats how I answered it anyways.

Other option is a 'p4p' style matchup, but i dont think that fairs much differently

Comment

A prime, prime Hamed!
        Rigo after 10 pro fights!

A prime Hamed, because he believed his own hype! The beginning of the end for any boxer! He was easily humiliated by a great boxer! I love the way he had to eat those soggy biscuits once Barrera showed him the error of his ways!!! Or perhaps Allah abandoned him in his hour of need!
        All equally plausible!

Please picture if you will mate, a commercial for visa!

Start CM clips of sham-Med being humiliated by Barrera, rather like a puppet on a string, or a piñata, it is up to you!

Audience laughing at Hamed!

"A great boxer exposing a clown, priceless! For everything else, VISA!"

I can see the commercial in my mind mate, Barrera slamming Sham-med face first into his own corner post!
        With the audience laughing, just laughing, then the catch phrase!

"For everything else Visa!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          A prime, prime Hamed!
          Rigo after 10 pro fights!

A prime Hamed, because he believed his own hype! The beginning of the end for any boxer! He was easily humiliated by a great boxer! I love the way he had to eat those soggy biscuits once Barrera showed him the error of his ways!!! Or perhaps Allah abandoned him in his hour of need!
          All equally plausible!

Please picture if you will mate, a commercial for visa!

Start CM clips of sham-Med being humiliated by Barrera, rather like a puppet on a string, or a piñata, it is up to you!

Audience laughing at Hamed!

"A great boxer exposing a clown, priceless! For everything else, VISA!"

I can see the commercial in my mind mate, Barrera slamming Sham-med face first into his own corner post!
          With the audience laughing, just laughing, then the catch phrase!

"For everything else Visa!"
          Hamed wasn't in his prime at 122lbs or when he fought Barrera.

Comment

Hamed wasn't in his prime at 122lbs or when he fought Barrera.
            I look to you mate, to explain when he was in his prime? How you determined when his prime was?

Hopefully Hamed not being in his prime didn't suddenly come about as a result of being humiliated by a near 4 to 1 underdog?

I'll be in London for a few weeks, late November! I am looking forward to great pints and darts!

Best regards!

Comment

I look to you mate, to explain when he was in his prime? How you determined when his prime was?

Hopefully Hamed not being in his prime didn't suddenly come about as a result of being humiliated by a near 4 to 1 underdog?

I'll be in London for a few weeks, late November! I am looking forward to great pints and darts!

Best regards!
              He was at a prime age but barely trained for Barrera

Comment

I agree his training was shyt! But that is based on an HBO/channel4 type interview! I am inclined to believe that he ate his own soggy biscuits, and believed Allah would supplement his lack of preparation!

I saw him and his mates playing billiards, and taking in the Vegas ambiance! Is that what you are alluding to mate?

Best regards!

I am a spurs fan by the way!

Comment

Mr Digglet, I reckon hamed & his lack of training was a choice? Surely Barrera cannot be expected to ask or demand that Hamed train and come in at his best? I rather think the blame lies with Hamed, his team, and possibly a misplaced reliance on Allah? Barrera, on the other hand prepared! Preparation is often the key to success in a variety of fields!

I guess this Avatar, of an Ideal Hamed exists only in the imagination! A theoretical best Hamed vs a theoretical best Barrera? Is this what we are discussing?

I must sleep now! Nagging wife and all!
                  Warm regards!
                  Paul

Comment

Who has stopped him? In his career? List them please?

Or are you just saying that if someone with power hits him flush, he will get knocked out!

It seems the general opinion on here that anyone with power knocks Rigo clean out. Not just Rigo either virtually every fighter who has touched down in their career apparently gets iced by anyone with power.

If only breaking down fights was so simple I'd be a billionaire.

Like I said in the lead up to the Donaire fight where I come from its called a punchers chance.

Comment

All the talk in the lead up was fans banking on Donaires power when he did land his trademark left hook, Rigo ate it and immediately countered him putting him on the backfoot.

He took Donaire's left hook, he has ate flush shots from a 136lb Marroquinn & a big Corboda. There is nothing wrong with his chin and his recuperative abilities are among the best in the sport.
                      If only it was so simple as landing one shot. All the great defensive fighters could be hit, following up though is a whole different ballgame.

There is nothing wrong with Rigondeaux's chin like Pernell Whitaker was he is always on his toes, turning, moving side to side, pivoting out he occasionally gets clipped when his feet aren't planted.

Hamed has a punchers chance & nothing more. Its just as likely he gets caught off balance and touches down in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X