• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hamed gets embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
      hamed gets embarrassed.
      Agreed! Embarrassed! Yet another HBO hype job who couldn't live up to the hype! His ring enterances were often better that his fights! He was a great puncher, who got exposed by a great Mexican warrior! Obviously Barrera didn't get the memorandum from HBO that the prince had to win because Hamed was their guy! He got handled easily! But I give him props! He gave Allah the praise!!! A good thing, be Consistent in defeat!
      He did his best & retired!

I don't remember, but I don't believe Hamed claimed any injury after the fight? Or did he? Correct me if I am wrong?

I liked how Rios & Alvarado both talked after each had a loss to the other! Then Alvarado lost his mind due to his personal affiliations! If you don't know what I am talking about, I won't elaborate!

Comment

Naseem wrecks that overrated biscuit chinned leaky defence Rigo.

Rigo has fought 1 good fighter. Donaire was the only guy he fought in the top 30 of the division and he was on the slide anyway. Rigo has talent but lets not pretend he hasn't been slapped around the ring at times by fringe contenders and journeymen.

He gets caught a lot and his defence isn't great, i don't know why people say it is. Emanuel Steward said Naseem was p4p the hardest puncher he ever trained. Add that to the mix with how often Rigo gets caught and it would be goodnight. Naseem was beatable but i just think he could have folded Rigo like a chair at some point during the fight. If he got caught off Naz the same way he did Donaire, it would have been lights out.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-22-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Hamed by KO.

Hamed got dropped a few times but that was arguably his biggest weakness. Rigo has been dropped a few times as yet defensive godness is supposed to be his biggest strength. Even if Hamed was dropped multiple times in the fight, Rigo would stand off and he'd recover. If Rigo got hurt once Hamed would likely stop him.
          alot of people forget, not only did Naz hit hard but he was a brutal finisher. He had that nasty instinct to take a guy down when he was hurt, no pansy in him. If he caught you, he would hurt you.

Rigo though, is very good in drawing leads and countering, how he'd counter a prime Naz who moved a lot is difficult to guess. It's an interesting contest.

Comment

Hmm. Rigo could UD Hamed but that chin of Rigo is suspect. Hamed is naturally bigger than Rigo and he can punch too. My safest bet is Rigo wins a close decision with Hamed knocking him down 2 or 3 times.
            Last edited by gamesworn; 09-23-2015, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Hamed was a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Hamed by KO.

Hamed got dropped a few times but that was arguably his biggest weakness. Rigo has been dropped a few times as yet defensive godness is supposed to be his biggest strength. Even if Hamed was dropped multiple times in the fight, Rigo would stand off and he'd recover. If Rigo got hurt once Hamed would likely stop him.
                Rigo by KO! Hamed clowning when he should be fighting! Getting more of a thumping than donaire did!

Comment

A lot of dispute in this thread. Would be interesting to have a poll for this one.

Comment

Naz was at 126 and Rigondeaux refuses to move up to that weight

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Naz was at 126 and Rigondeaux refuses to move up to that weight
                      OP said at 122 which Hamed fought at for the start of his career

Comment

Working...
                      X