No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Prince Naseem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    All the talk in the lead up was fans banking on Donaires power when he did land his trademark left hook, Rigo ate it and immediately countered him putting him on the backfoot.

He took Donaire's left hook, he has ate flush shots from a 136lb Marroquinn & a big Corboda. There is nothing wrong with his chin and his recuperative abilities are among the best in the sport.
    If only it was so simple as landing one shot. All the great defensive fighters could be hit, following up though is a whole different ballgame.

There is nothing wrong with Rigondeaux's chin like Pernell Whitaker was he is always on his toes, turning, moving side to side, pivoting out he occasionally gets clipped when his feet aren't planted.

Hamed has a punchers chance & nothing more. Its just as likely he gets caught off balance and touches down in the fight.
    I think you are underestimating Hamed's power and overestimating Rigo's chin. Not to mention that Hamed was one slick bastard. I ain't gonna act like Rigo would have no shot, in fact I imagine it would be a great fight, but I just imagine Hamed pulling it off. And I didn't even really like Hamed much.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      It seems the general opinion on here that anyone with power knocks Rigo clean out. Not just Rigo either virtually every fighter who has touched down in their career apparently gets iced by anyone with power.

If only breaking down fights was so simple I'd be a billionaire.

Like I said in the lead up to the Donaire fight where I come from its called a punchers chance.

The below is not for you! I think you get the point!
      ?????
      Ok? Ok?
      I think I get what you said! If anyone with power hits Rigo then he gets KO'ed

But so far, that person hasn't presented himself! Rigo has had an easy time out boxing other boxers!
      He popped right up after donaire caught him! Then commenced to teach donaire a thing or two about the sweet science!!! He slapped donaire silly, like I believe he would have done to Hamed! Hamed having more power, but throwing less blows, thus potentially decreasing his punchers chance!

But do you think Rigo also has a 'punches chance'? Even if Rigo did not posses a KO 'punchers chance' per se, but only enough power to cause double vision! Now, I ask would that punch carry any weight with you???
      A Rigo punch that made his opponent think twice before throwing their next 'potential puncher's' chance power punch?
      In my opinion, even Malinaggi can knock someone out! If the stars align, etc, Jupiter rising, Venus in retrograde, age of Aquarius stuff! But I think Rigo humiliates a lazy prince!
      Just an opinion!
      Barrera was down several times in his career, right??? But only Rigo, who has never been stopped is suspect?
      Last edited by Zaroku; 09-23-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

riGODeaux smashes the belligerent ******.

naseem steady stays overrated due to british delusions of athletic grandeur.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I agree his training was shyt! But that is based on an HBO/channel4 type interview! I am inclined to believe that he ate his own soggy biscuits, and believed Allah would supplement his lack of preparation!

I saw him and his mates playing billiards, and taking in the Vegas ambiance! Is that what you are alluding to mate?

Best regards!

I am a spurs fan by the way!
          So that explains why you're a bit of a **** then

Comment

I think Hamed was a great showman!
            He was lazy!
            I enjoyed watching him get his arse handed too him!

The Spurs are the best club! Best fans! Simply the best!

Comment

Naz loses and quits boxing.

Comment

Rigo's chin isn't that bad and as the Donaire fight proved, there is more to boxing than power and chins.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I think Hamed was a great showman!
                  He was lazy!
                  I enjoyed watching him get his arse handed too him!

The Spurs are the best club! Best fans! Simply the best!
                  I very much enjoyed watching you get your arses handed to you by our reserves tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I very much enjoyed watching you get your arses handed to you by our reserves tonight.

You got in the wrong thread? Great goal btw. Lewandowskiish...

Yeah Hamed would get schooled by Rigo. Hamed would be too impatient for Rigo to initiate and Rigo is a very patient counter puncher.

Hamed only advantage would be looking good if he manage to land afew punches on Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Thanks for the update!
                      As a Spurs fan, I might be willing to allow you to become an apprentice member!

Comment

Working...
                      X