No announcement yet.

160-Weakest in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    Bro, Cotto since his last loss has had a cupcake schedule. delvin, old yeller and geale... nothing to praise at all

quillin just fought a stripper... a stripper man... that's how he's worse.
    I know, but Cotto has only lost to top fighters unlike Abe. I mean, Shihepo? 4 fights including quit job vs Stieglitz, close call with Paul Smith...

Ward just fought a fat Paul Smith, doesn't mean he's only as good as his comp. He's better than that, just like Quillin. Dirrell lost to Jack, who's got some really bad results and performances. Kinda like Quillin drawing with Lee, just a bit worse.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      I know, but Cotto has only lost to top fighters unlike Abe. I mean, Shihepo? 4 fights including quit job vs Stieglitz, close call with Paul Smith...

Ward just fought a fat Paul Smith, doesn't mean he's only as good as his comp. He's better than that, just like Quillin. Dirrell lost to Jack, who's got some really bad results and performances. Kinda like Quillin drawing with Lee, just a bit worse.
      isn't he like 4-1 against stieglitz. Cotto lost decisively to Trout, in ny. Not even hometown refs gave him the fight.

Jack, to me. Has looked better at 168. His last two outings have shown that. Lee has Ls to Chavez and Vera for goodness sakes. A draw with quillin.

I'd give a slight edge to smw off these names.. dirrels, chunky, jack, chudinov, ramirez, fielding, callum smith, even martin murray's campaigning there. He was probably the best mw not named ggg

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        isn't he like 4-1 against stieglitz. Cotto lost decisively to Trout, in ny. Not even hometown refs gave him the fight.

Jack, to me. Has looked better at 168. His last two outings have shown that. Lee has Ls to Chavez and Vera for goodness sakes. A draw with quillin.

I'd give a slight edge to smw off these names.. dirrels, chunky, jack, chudinov, ramirez, fielding, callum smith, even martin murray's campaigning there. He was probably the best mw not named ggg
        Trout is better than Stieglitz though, and didn't make Cotto quit in 3. He's also much better than the Namibian that beat Abe on neutral cards.

Jack has looked better, but it also could be that his opposition is not all that. Remember he got KOed in 1 by MW journeyman Edwards, drew with Periban, got a gift decision vs wild brawler Brand etc.

Comment

-kev- is dominating this thread more then ward was dominating carl frorch,,

so many truth bombs being laid out and since lil g fans are to simple to see it it goes right thru there brians,,

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Trout is better than Stieglitz though, and didn't make Cotto quit in 3. He's also much better than the Namibian that beat Abe on neutral cards.

Jack has looked better, but it also could be that his opposition is not all that. Remember he got KOed in 1 by MW journeyman Edwards, drew with Periban, got a gift decision vs wild brawler Brand etc.
            Trout is, I agree. AA just tko'd the guy. Quit or not, he came back and took care of business.

Either way, I don't think cotto should get much if any credit at mw for the crutches he uses to fight guys. I honestly don't even wanna consider him a mw. Although he has the belt so whatever.

Imho, even without ward at 168, I still believe smw is a slightly better division. That's just not a good thing for 160. I know it isn't ggg's fault, but his division is one of the weakest out there. If not the weakest one at the moment

Comment

and the tags just go to show whats REALL on most lil g fans minds,its a race thing with them,they feel that lil g losing to a amerian of a darker shade it means they are inferior,even though lil g is mostly korean/asian to begin with

Comment

130 and 135 are the worst divisions right now

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  130 and 135 are the worst divisions right now
                  Yeah, I was going to mention them, as well. Regardless, it's clear mw isn't the worst.

Comment

130:
                    uchiyama
                    miura
                    gamboa if he moves down
                    fortuna
                    mikey if he ever fights again
                    salido
                    martinez
                    pedraza
                    vargas
                    valdez