No announcement yet.

160-Weakest in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    168 has changed since I created this thread without Froch/Ward, most of the talent is now at 175. It's still better than 160 though.

If you want to play stupid, go ahead. Abraham has failed 3x at the top level, utterly dominated by Froch/Ward/Dirrell, that was in his prime years ago. Since then he's hidden in Germany, his last couple of fights have consisted with rematches with Stieglitz and Paul Smith because they gave him such good fights lmao.

What were lil g fans saying about Paul Smith again?

ggg didn't toy with Murray lmao, it took him 11 rounds to finish him and he didn't completely dominate him, he gave up some rounds early.

You didn't even come up with a valid reason as to why you think 160 is stronger other than you just think it is lol.
    Yeah scores of 100-87, 99-88 x 2 with 3 KDs are real controversial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      I can't think of another division as bad, HW is comparable though.

Update:
      -Jacobs annihilates Quillin in 1, same guy that got dropped against Mora, ko'd by Pirog. Jesus christ, it's worse than I thought. Now a top 3 MW. wow.

-Martin Murray, goes up to 168 to fight a heavily faded version of Abraham, loses a decision getting rocked several times. Murray did slightly better than Paul Smith against Abraham. Paul Smith as you remember, was Ward's tune up. ggg's career best win isn't much better than Paul Smith.

-Sam Soliman becomes a champ
      Corpse of psycho James Taylor defeats Soliman, becomes new champ

-Andy Lee, KO losses to Vera/Chavez Jr., defeats Korobov (top MW fighter) to become a champ.

-Lee-Quillin evenly matched fighters, Quillin couldn't even finish him after dropping him early in the fight twice due to sheer lack of boxing ability, fight goes to a draw.

-David Lemieux-KO'd by Rubio, and a loss to Alcine. The sad thing is Alcine came in at 156lbs yet was able to walk through his power shots all night and hurt him. (no wonder lil g is eager to fight him)

-Cotto, blown up welterweight moves up and destroys Martinez & Geale, two top 10 MW's, with ease. The Geale fight was utter destruction, Cotto was clearly the superior boxer and the weight would have 0 difference.

Jacobs-KO loss to Pirog, dropped by Sergio Mora of all people in his last fight (lmao)

Those are all facts. When you look at the big picture, you'll realize just how bad it truly is.

dont forget solimon, not only a c level fighter is also shot as ****. his fight with winky was like 10 years ago, the last time i ever remember seeing him on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by #OccupyNSB View Post
        after watching that i think we underestimated how good the true middleweight champion of the word, GGG is

he would easily take both of those guys back to back on the same night then beat a mandatory afterwards. Dramatically different levels of skill.

best win is martin murray. who lost to super ancient shot author abraham.

Hes 35 years old and his best win is martin murray.

that is ridiculous. You realize that used to be the retirement age for most fighters? Ali, SRL, Marciano... those guys and their ATG careers basically retired around the same time that GGG has fought Martin Murray.

what a ****ing joke

Comment

• It's a fun division because all the fighters are kinda as ****ty as each other.

Anyone can really beat anyone and the fights will probably be somewhat entertaining.

The only top level fighters are Golovkin and Canelo.

Comment

• Bump. Like I said, weakest division in boxing, it's champion lil gift proved he was a B fighter last night.

Just add it onto the list, 160 is trash.

Comment

Working...
            X