No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rousey on Mayweather PPV Numbers: 'Fans Aren't Dumb'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    Ronda does not need Floyd to boost her popularity. her last PPV hit over 1 million buys on her name alone as she was the only main event and it was in Brazil to boot. Her next PPV will also surpass 1 million buys and will probably set records for attendance in Australia. And that card will he headlined by TWO women's matches.

Did anyone ever consider that UFC would be a bigger draw, both live and on PPV than boxing? And how would people have freaked out if they had been told that not only would UFC overshadow boxing but that they would do it with FEMALE fighting stars?

Let's see Al Hayman top that!
    For her to help UFC do 1 mil in ppv's is huge she also did something Floyd has never done fight a rival in their prime on their home turf and scored a KO !

Funny but in the short time she's been around she managed to be more popular than Fraud Armstrong and with out the help of Cinco De Mayo !

Comment

• Originally posted by Anita Gofradump View Post

Men's judo is nowhere near as deep or competitive a sport as men's boxing, never mind ****ing women's judo, which is a complete non-factor. Comparing the two is absolutely ******ed.

And if you'd watched her 'fight', you'd know that she's incapable of closing distance without getting hit. Difference is, none of the accountants, soccer moms & aerobic enthusiasts are capable of hurting her.
      Lmao...i thought that gif was of some type of hadicapped person til i looked at it closer

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
        For her to help UFC do 1 mil in ppv's is huge she also did something Floyd has never done fight a rival in their prime on their home turf and scored a KO !

Funny but in the short time she's been around she managed to be more popular than Fraud Armstrong and with out the help of Cinco De Mayo !
        Beth Correia is a 31 year old accountant who only turned pro a few years ago. That is what you consider a prime opponent? You've got to be kidding me.

And didn't Floyd KO an undefeated, top 5 p4p, world champion in Diego Corrales?

Comment

• Ronda is very wrong, fans are very dumb just look at how easily they have fallen into the hype of making her a star, or bought some of Floyd's recent garage fights where he was clearly going to win.

Her division is so hollow its a joke, there's probably more competition in bowling. She just fought someone that started training at 28, and had zero athletic background in anything before deciding one day she wanted to do MMA, and the girl was built as having knockout power but never knocked anyone out lol.

Yes fans are dumb, you have grown 200+ pound men (NBA, NFL players) out there thinking Ronda can take them lol. Yet There's video out there of her struggling with a kid that's a 15 or 16 year old chubby wrestler lol.
          Last edited by CLUE; 09-20-2015, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Beth Correia is a 31 year old accountant who only turned pro a few years ago. That is what you consider a prime opponent? You've got to be kidding me.

And didn't Floyd KO an undefeated, top 5 p4p, world champion in Diego Corrales?
            Um Corrales MW was a TKO being a Mayweather fan how do you not know that ?

Corrales DAD threw in the towel ..

And let me know when Floyd has ever fought any so called rival in their prime on their home turf ! Rhonda fought Correia in Brazil in a hostile environment ! I won't hold my breath on that one we know Floyd barely if ever traveled

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post

Perfect example of fans being dumb. No type of context, there's so much context that would show that there was nothing impressive about that fight.

Just like there is so much context to when Floyd says he beaten 20 something world champions. When you add context to it, many of them are bullshit and not impressive.
              Last edited by CLUE; 09-20-2015, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• The level of floyd hate amazes me. His haters/Pac lovers will even go as far as jumping on the white trash dyke Ronda Rousey bandwagon lol. How does anything this sweaty cow says make boxing scene news. Why is anyone even mentioning her in the same sentence as floyd mayweather? Seriously? How is an 18 year world champion boxing master in 5 weight classes who is undefeated even remotely being compared to some broad with like 10 fights against waitresses in a mediocre sport? This is like comparing some undefeated middle school baseball team in Mongolia to the New York Yankees dynasty/accomplishments. The UFC is garbage, MMA is garbage, women's MMA is even bigger garbage and no one is going to give one **** about Rousey the farm animal once some chick finally knocks her out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Publius View Post
                  If you dip****s want to discuss female wresting please take it to the off-topic forum. This place is meant for boxing.

Floyd is retired and all these whores (such as Rousey and Khan) need to learn to stop using his name to get ahead. It's pathetic.
                  Watch out... Floyd's baby momma on her period

Comment

• Rhonda Rousey is like that girl who is a 6 in the looks department but who feels like she is a 10 because guys have been blowing up her ego by commenting on all her Instagram/facebook selfies, telling her how beautiful she is.

Rhonda has been getting too much praise -- undeserving praise. So much praise that she gotten a bit delusional with her Feminist talking points. One second she talks about hypothetically fighting Men, the next second she turns into a Anti-Domestic Violence spokesperson.

Any man who is a Fan of Rhonda Rousey and taking her side is a White Knighting tool. She doesn't deserve the platform to make comments about any Male fighter, unless she is showing them respect.

Comment

• Its hard to believe some fanboys actually are going off on one about her speaking her mind yet its okay for you to talk **** about the guys you don't like?
                      Omg don't say anything about Floid but dat Pacquiao is a cheater he on PEDs then all the shoulder comments.

I somewhat don't believe the 550k number I'd be certain it'd be around the 400k minus.

Comment

Working...
                      X