No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rousey on Mayweather PPV Numbers: 'Fans Aren't Dumb'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
    Until Ronda Rousey finds the courage to fight Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino, she has lost all credibility with me. Which of the two would win the fight, I can't say, but that Rousey continues to use the 135 pound weight requirement to justify why she won't fight Cyborg is at this point (after Rousey has repeatedly claimed that she could beat Floyd, or Cain Velasquez, or any other man if she fought them) an unacceptable excuse. In fact, Ronda has become a blowhard, and that she will remain until she at least beats Cyborg. Seeing as Ronda has bragged that she could beat top male boxers or MMA champions she should also make good her boasts in that respect as well, but I'll not expect her to fight such men let alone defeat them.
    You're an idiot. Cyborg doesn't even fight for the UFC. If she fought for the organization you FloeHoes would have a case but you don't.

What's Fraud's excuse for not fighting GGG? He's not tied down to Showtime anymore. This "retirement" BS is an excuse to duck GGG.

Cyborg weighs 145, Rousey 135, 10 lb weight difference

Fraud 150 (when he fights at Jr middle) GGG 160 (weighs in lower than that in most fights) 10 lb weight difference.

So answer that FloeHoes, if Rousey can fight Cyborg, then Fraud should have no problem fighting GGG. Right?

Comment

No, Jake, You shut you ass up. And if you believe that Rousey line of crap, you really are a dumb ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
        You're an idiot. Cyborg doesn't even fight for the UFC. If she fought for the organization you FloeHoes would have a case but you don't.

What's Fraud's excuse for not fighting GGG? He's not tied down to Showtime anymore. This "retirement" BS is an excuse to duck GGG.

Cyborg weighs 145, Rousey 135, 10 lb weight difference

Fraud 150 (when he fights at Jr middle) GGG 160 (weighs in lower than that in most fights) 10 lb weight difference.

So answer that FloeHoes, if Rousey can fight Cyborg, then Fraud should have no problem fighting GGG. Right?
        Sorry, Adder, but Rousey has been blowing off, and if she is to remain credible at all, she needs to make the Cyborg fight, a fight which she, Ronda, has the power to make. Ronda has been blowing off about PPV numbers, well, Cyborg is Rousey's Manny Pacquiao. Cyborg gives Ronda her best chance to achieve record setting PPV numbers as well as her earning her fattest paycheck. Yet Ronda will not do it; however, Ronda will continue to blow off about her man fighting prowess and her boast that she'd beat Floyd or Cain, but she won't even fight Cyborg at a 140 pound catchweight; therefore, Ronda Rousey is not credible. You do realize that Ronda was competing in judo at about 70 kilograms as far back as 2007 and in Olympic competition in 2008 as well (she weighed almost 20 pounds more than the 135 pound weight she currently chooses to compete at in the UFC). So, since Ronda Rousey blows off about her fighting prowess and has fought at considerably more than 135 pounds, then why won't she fight Cyborg at 140 pounds? I honestly don't know, but I do know that Ronda blows off again and again and again. Every time Ronda blows off about Floyd or any other male professional fighter, she should immediately be questioned as to the date of her fight with Cyborg. In fact, perhaps that's the very first question that should be asked of Ronda at each and every interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
          Sorry, Adder, but Rousey has been blowing off, and if she is to remain credible at all, she needs to make the Cyborg fight, a fight which she, Ronda, has the power to make. Ronda has been blowing off about PPV numbers, well, Cyborg is Rousey's Manny Pacquiao. Cyborg gives Ronda her best chance to achieve record setting PPV numbers as well as her earning her fattest paycheck. Yet Ronda will not do it; however, Ronda will continue to blow off about her man fighting prowess and her boast that she'd beat Floyd or Cain, but she won't even fight Cyborg at a 140 pound catchweight; therefore, Ronda Rousey is not credible. You do realize that Ronda was competing in judo at about 70 kilograms as far back as 2007 and in Olympic competition in 2008 as well (she weighed almost 20 pounds more than the 135 pound weight she currently chooses to compete at in the UFC). So, since Ronda Rousey blows off about her fighting prowess and has fought at considerably more than 135 pounds, then why won't she fight Cyborg at 140 pounds? I honestly don't know, but I do know that Ronda blows off again and again and again. Every time Ronda blows off about Floyd or any other male professional fighter, she should immediately be questioned as to the date of her fight with Cyborg. In fact, perhaps that's the very first question that should be asked of Ronda at each and every interview.

Again, Cyborg DOES NOT FIGHT FOR THE UFC. What's Rousey supposed to do? Beg her to join? Beg Dana White to sign her? Why doesn't Cyborg try to join the UFC? Is Rousey telling Dana not to sign her?

Fraud has a better chance to make a GGG fight than Cyborg who hasn't made any attempts in joining the organization.

Try again.

Comment

Why is this b1tch always worried about what Floyd's doing. Their in two completely different sports. I like Rousey but she needs to worry about her own career, and sport.

Comment

Another week, another Ron DaRousey thread popping off about Mayweather.

Got to keep those hits up.

Comment

**** it. I just want Holly Holm to represent boxing and upset her

Comment

Who cares what this MMA star says about Mayweather. He makes more money every fight than she will make in her lifetime. Jealous much? No, she couldn't beat him up in a street fight or even remain conscious for more than a few seconds. MMA stars make peanuts compared to top boxers and they know it and are envious. They let the Dana White guys run the show and tell the who to fight and how much money they will make. Not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    Ronda does not need Floyd to boost her popularity. her last PPV hit over 1 million buys on her name alone as she was the only main event and it was in Brazil to boot. Her next PPV will also surpass 1 million buys and will probably set records for attendance in Australia. And that card will he headlined by TWO women's matches.

Did anyone ever consider that UFC would be a bigger draw, both live and on PPV than boxing? And how would people have freaked out if they had been told that not only would UFC overshadow boxing but that they would do it with FEMALE fighting stars?

Let's see Al Hayman top that!
                    Haha add up the PPVs for boxing vs UFC boxing crushes.

This is not even close

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      I'm just stating FACTS. You may not like them, but you cannot argue them, can you?

Take Floyd out of the equation and them compare PPV stats over the past few years between boxing and UFC and tell me which has sold more PPVs.

And it is amazing that a boxing fan cannot also appreciate and enjoy watching UFC matches around here. I grew up learning Martial Arts and I happen to be a fan of ALL Martial Arts. I will watch wrestling, boxing, judo, karate, kick boxing, MMA, you name it, I will enjoy watching it.

I will not apologize for not being locked into one combat sport like most of the Neanderthals around here. Then again, many of the posters here don't have two brain cells to rub together so they really cannot be expected to have more than one sport to follow.
                      UFC is dying man while boxing is loaded with talent ready for a bounce back. The UFC has Ronda who will be doing movies soon and Conor. Joshua is 100x the star Conor is in the British sporting world and he has 14 fights

Comment

Working...
                      X