Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Brian Viloria a HOFer.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hell yeah, especially after he beats the shyt out of little chocolate man.

Have you seen some of the undeserving names in the HOF these last couple years?

Comment

The fight he had with Estrada was good until the later rounds when he got tired and that's when Estrada took advantage of the fight.

I hope he shocks Roman this time.

Comment

I like Viloria & if he were to beat Gonzalez that would be HUGE, but idk if he's got enough on his resume to get him into the HOF.

Comment

Him and Salido definitely deserve to be in imo. Guys who don't get much fanfare but got it the hard way.

Comment

If Viloria beats Roman, considering the amount of US voters for the HOF, I'd think it's a good bet. I'd want to see a rematch with Estrada at that point before I ran screaming HOF. But a Roman win, plus being the first fighter to unify a portion of the Fly title in 40 years, plus the Segura shelling, would be pretty solid credentials.

I don't expect to see that though. He's a dangerous underdog, but Viloria sometimes puts his guns in the holster against guys who get off first.
            Last edited by crold1; 09-18-2015, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't tend to take that into account when talking about whether a guy should or should get in the HOF.

I very much doubt he does get in. The little guys usually need to do much more than others to get considered.

Viloria had some great fights but who really knows about them?
              Unless they are primarily known in the US. Look at what Mark Johnson had to beat versus a guy like Santos Laciar who is a long shot to ever get in. I don't like it, or vote that way, but it's a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                You always have some outrageous predictions and never own up to them when you are wrong. Instead you use the hindsight bias. Watch if Viloria either wins or goes the distance, you're going to come up with some bull****.
                Two rounds is a pretty wild suggestion. Viloria has only been stopped once and that was on fatigue more than anything in a fight he was winning. Last fight at 108 which he simply outgrew. If Roman does him in two, that would be highly impressive. I expect a fight that goes a while if not the route.

Comment

You can definitely make a case for Viloria in the hall of fame.

If he beats Gonzalez which he has a great chance of doing, he should definitely be in there.

Comment

Pretty underrated fighter but I don't know if he's HOF material even if he beats Gonzalez, borderline most likely. I do hope he pulls it off though.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ218 View Post
                      The fight he had with Estrada was good until the later rounds when he got tired and that's when Estrada took advantage of the fight.

I hope he shocks Roman this time.
                      all his losses are like that.

he does good until he gets tired.

Comment

Working...
                      X