Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Floyd is retired... which bandwagon are all his fans jumping to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
    So?? Do you think all the White American/Euro fanboys would like GGG and Kovalev so much if they weren't White?? If they were both Black or Asian they would have 1/5th the fan base that they currently have....
    Nonsense. If they were black and FOUGHT LIKE Kovalev and GGG, they would be MUCH MORE popular in the USA.

When there's an African-American boxer who fights aggressively (like prime Mike Tyson) he will be given an ENORMOUS amount of media attention and quickly become a household name.

Comment

black root for black, white root for white. its fckuing normal stop whining

racism? no, REALISM. so stop bittching

ANYWAY, I hope after Floyd a new generation of GREAT fighters will rise. I cant see any of the current scene take his place.
      Last edited by Helm; 09-13-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Fans who know boxing will follow the mofo who know how to box and not how to slug, me personally I'll be following Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Crawford, Spence, Thurman, Lara, GGG, Ward, Kovalev, Povetkin and I'm keeping an eye on Andrew Tabiti also, I think he can go a long way, but only time will tell.

I will never admire any of them however the way I admired Floyd, maybe Rigo, because they don't bring that skillset to the table that I can just watch and see things I've never seen before, maybe they'll be in more exciting bouts but I don't see the level of talent that can make me appreciate one of them more than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post

ANYWAY, I hope after Floyd a new generation of GREAT fighters will rise. I cant see any of the current scene take his place.
          I agree a 100% and I don't see anything wrong with whites supporting whites and blacks supporting black, however the amount of hate Floyd gets from non blacks is unheard of, I don't think there has ever been a fighter that was hated that much after maybe Jack Johnson, the media has been against this guy since day one, just observe these Forums here, every day there are at least 10 new hate threads directed towards Floyd Mayweather, normally when a fighter is at that stage of his career people sympathize with him cuz father time is undefeated, but here it seems like the older he gets the more the people want to see him in tougher fights and the better he has to perform, which is quite strange.

Floyd is a confident young black man from the ****** who doesn't bite his tongue or sugar coat anything, and because of stereotypes non blacks repel from him instead of appreciating what he accomplished coming from where he's from. Quite concerning really

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Nonsense. If they were black and FOUGHT LIKE Kovalev and GGG, they would be MUCH MORE popular in the USA.
            I disagree 100%, but there is no real way for either of us to "prove" who is right...We will have to agree to disagree

I think home grown American fighters of ALL colors are constantly hated on by American fans....Americans are the only boxing "fans" who root for fighters from other countries over the fighters from the US....It's sad and pathetic...

How many American fans were rooting for Garcia over Matthyse when they fought??? Barely any....Despite Garcia being from Philadelphia...

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            When there's an African-American boxer who fights aggressively (like prime Mike Tyson) he will be given an ENORMOUS amount of media attention and quickly become a household name.
            Errol Spence is very crowd pleasing....So is Wilder?? Do you like them like you do Kovalev and GGG??

Hell even Broner usually puts on good fights (through his last one ******)

Tyson had a unique personality and was also a heavyweight (most popular fighters in general especially in the 1980's)....I'm not sure he is really comparable...
            Last edited by animalfan10; 09-13-2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post

Dumbest post I've read today...

I'm white and look at my favourite fighters. It has nothing to do with colours it's all about styles.

Maybe it's hard to imagine but just because you're an ethnocentric buffoon doesn't mean hat everyone around you is the same.
              Last edited by HEND; 09-13-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                I agree a 100% and I don't see anything wrong with whites supporting whites and blacks supporting black, however the amount of hate Floyd gets from non blacks is unheard of, I don't think there has ever been a fighter that was hated that much after maybe Jack Johnson, the media has been against this guy since day one, just observe these Forums here, every day there are at least 10 new hate threads directed towards Floyd Mayweather, normally when a fighter is at that stage of his career people sympathize with him cuz father time is undefeated, but here it seems like the older he gets the more the people want to see him in tougher fights and the better he has to perform, which is quite strange.

Floyd is a confident young black man from the ****** who doesn't bite his tongue or sugar coat anything, and because of stereotypes non blacks repel from him instead of appreciating what he accomplished coming from where he's from. Quite concerning really
                I think Floyd is hated not because is black, but for other reasons (cherry pick - boring style - money and bling bling braggin).

Comment

there is nothing wrong with rooting for your own race or nationality

but to only root for those types of fighters, you're only doing yourself a disservice

boxing is so MUCH more fun when you dont restrict yourself with barriers...you will enjoy the sport more when you learn to appreciate ANYone who can entertain you

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                    Dumbest post I've read today...

I'm white and look at my favourite fighters. It has nothing to do with colours it's all about styles.
                    Honeslty? Me too

But me and you are not typical fans.

Typical fans are the black guy fan of Floyd, the latino guy fan of Canelo, the white guy fan of GGG.

Comment

Slick bruvvas takin ova

Comment

Working...
                      X