Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Upset: I Won The Fight Decisively!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cry baby.

Always cheated, never defeated seems to be the groves mentality.

Comment

oh is he doing a paul smith to get a rematch, boo hoo. He couldnt beat such a weak champ thats gota be discouraging. he got outboxed by jack. deluded.

Comment

I thought Badou Jack was supposed to be a "gimmee" to anyone who took him on? Guy even has "Bad" in his name FFS.

Maybe I need to do a bumming thread on Groves.

Comment

Scores from 114-113 to Jack to 116-111 to Jack would be okay on this fight.

No way in hell that Groves won this though...
          His best case is a 6-6 but even then he loses because the KD.
          I imagine Hearn is mad as fuck right now. He wanted to do that Degale vs Groves unification so bad.

Comment

Groves-DeGale I was incredibly tedious though. It seems people forget how boring it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Jack definitely won.

It was one of those fights that you felt that Groves could have won. He seems to have lost that bit of snap in the right hand. I was expecting Groves to absolutely chin him with the overhand right at one point but it was always partially blocked or Groves was unbalanced when he threw it.

I think Groves should reset. Go back to Booth or go to America but drop down from championship level for a bit both to refine his technique and to elongate his career. I think he will win a world title at some point. He is only 27. He can still get better.
              Good points here. Groves boxed well. But just when he was starting to land the overhand right consistently and it looked like he was getting to Jack and might possibly stop him, the pop went out of his punches and Jack was able to put him on the back foot.

Groves doesn't look as strong as he did when he was with Booth, who may not be a great boxing coach, but is an excellent condition and fitness trainer.

No argument about the decision. It was a close fight, and if George hadn't been decked in the 1st round, you could have made a case for him winning it.

But he did get decked, and wasn't able to do enough in the later rounds to claw back that deficit.
              Last edited by kafkod; 09-13-2015, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Grove definetly didnt win.. But this is the route he has to take because he talkd soo much b4 the fight smh. Lohuserher.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  Groves-DeGale I was incredibly tedious though. It seems people forget how boring it was.
                  It certainly wasn't a great fight action wise. But because it was so close, and you felt that something decisive could happen at any time (but didn't) I was on the edge of my seat watching it.

A rematch would different, I think, and DeGale would be favourite to win it.

Comment

it was a very good fight. groves clearly lost though. i had it a close UD for Jack.

Comment

Seems like Jack has that Danny Garcia factor in him. He may not appear that special, but he fights up to his comp when he's expected to get routed

Comment

Working...
                      X