No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Berto Not Yet Sellout, Ellerbe Mum on Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    that's what I've always said,he has no fans,everybody at the arena when he fights are fans of the opponents,when a fighter like canelo has more fans show up in Michigan that right there says it all..he needs to face opponents who are popular like canelo,cotto,pac,marquez,those guys had a lot to do with it,now he faces berto and it still isn't a sellout,that wans't the case when he faced canelo or pac,,look at de la hoya when he fought a nobody in Patrick chapentier at a stadium,over 50k,,i doubt mayweather would do that against an unknown,and that guy was totally unknown...Floyd has maybe like 50 or 60 fans,and the rest go to see him lose or are fans of the opponent,kind of pathetic when he claims he's a draw,making it sound like he's bringing in all the fans,nope,they are there to see him lose,there more fans in the arena for Ortiz when he fought mayweather,actually I've never seen a Floyd fight where he had the majority of the fans behind him

Question when these other guys fought each other and PPV fights how come NONE of them out sold Floyd?? Curious... The common person is Floyd. Floyd Guerrero did 875 k ppv buys.

Can you name any other fighter that will sell that many PPV'S with Guerrero not named Floyd? If so I will point out a common opponent where their ppv was horrible.

Comment

I just realized this was next week lol. The let down on that mega fight left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I'm more excited for Mcgregor-Aldo TBH!!

Comment

I wonder how Mayweather vs Thurman, Khan, Porter etc would have done in comparison but it doesn't really matter because I don't believe this will be his last fight.

Comment

lol Thats because Mayweather sucks dlck and nobody wants to watch this lame fight!

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
            Floyd and his camp are delusional with how they think they can just fight a tomato can and sell he ppvs. You need a legit fighter to sell. I'd be shocked if this ppv did more than 600k. Not that that's a horrible number in general, but by Mayweather standards it is.
            To be fair, Pacquiaos numbers also plummeted with Rios/Algieri.

400k/250k.....and there are question marks over those figures.

It appears that boxing fans are smarter than we give them credit.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              To be fair, Pacquiaos numbers also plummeted with Rios/Algieri.

400k/250k.....and there are question marks over those figures.

It appears that boxing fans are smarter than we give them credit.
              Haha there are no question marks on them. The one with the question marks is floyd vs guerrero, and maidana 1 and 2 with their inflated numbers. Haha even hershman called showtime out on it

Comment

It won't sellout unless the tics are free. Very few will pay those prices for a boring exhibition fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
                  Haha there are no question marks on them. The one with the question marks is floyd vs guerrero, and maidana 1 and 2 with their inflated numbers. Haha even hershman called showtime out on it
                  Well, nobody knows that for sure.

And you could be right about the Guerrero/Maidana numbers.

Not commenting on Shotimes credibility, just Bob Arums.

Comment

This thing needs to be a big FLOP! Berto does not belong in a PPV.

Comment

I hope it flops all around.

Comment

Working...
                      X