No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Berto Not Yet Sellout, Ellerbe Mum on Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    and that gets your d1ck hard right??? Smfh get off your knees bro... You're utterly pathetic. This is a bs fight after May 2nd flopped like 3-4 times in 1 night.
    It doesn't take long before an idiot like you comes along to prove my point. If you have so much of a problem with any fighter fighting another fighter the logical and rational thing to do is don't watch and don't comment. What's the purpose of running your blood pressure up about something you can't control
    As far as your **** natured comment it further goes to show you're just an immature internet gangsta because if we saw each other on the street you'd keep your mouth shut

Comment

• Is it just me

Or does this fight remind you of Rjj vs Lacy at lower weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
        Or does this fight remind you of Rjj vs Lacy at lower weight?
        It's much worse than that, because Jones had already been viciously KO'ed a few times at that point and was WELL beyond being shot.

By yes, Berto has become very Lacy-esque.

Comment

• Lol this is not surprising at all

Does remind me of a few posters who said things like "the haters will still watch it", not realizing that people were dead serious about not wanting to watch the fight.

Comment

• The profit's already been made. To quote Larry Merchant: Let's get it on, and let's get it over with.

Comment

• I am not surprised by this at all. I can't see spending money to go to Vegas for this fight until prices drop. There will be some pick up in business but not much.

NSB will rejoice because Floyd will not sellout the arena or do 1 mil on ppv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Unless he loses to Berto, who im not writing off just yet.
                Lmao, all I can say is that it's no accident that posters who defend Floyd are also the only ones who seem to give Berto a shot. Some of his fans have convinced themselves that this is something other than an $80 sparring session.

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Not really arguing with you.....

But I have supported Mayweather for years, and the Berto announcement was a little disappointing, retirement fight or not.

Yes I have enjoyed his career, greatly..... but I owe Mayweather nothing, if anything its the other way around.

Listen, he has earned the right to fight whoever he wants, no question..... but I feel under no obligation to dish out for an underwhelming farewell fight, just because of some obscure sense of loyalty.

I have seen heaps of Mayweather fights, all of them..... just not interested this time around.

Not bashing him, just not riding with him this time out.

Its disappointment, not hate.
                Real boxing fan here
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-02-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                  Lmao, all I can say is that it's no accident that posters who defend Floyd are also the only ones who seem to give Berto a shot. Some of his fans have convinced themselves that this is something other than an $80 sparring session.
                  Hey Nostradamus i havent seen fight so i have no idea whats going to happen but yeah im going to watch.

$80 is not alot of money in todays world and i have it so why not watch the fight.

Comment

• The Mayweather fight won't even come close to selling out IMO. This fight has even less interest than the Mayweather/Guerrero fight, which I believe still had 1,000 or sold unsold tickets by fight time. For the Guerrero fight Mayweather was at least coming off a 1-year layoff from the Cotto fight (which actually was a reasonably entertaining fight) which from what I recall included jail time shortly after the fight... so there was some curiosity on how Mayweather would perform after being released from jail.

For the Berto fight, Mayweather is coming off a hugely disappointment mega fight and is facing a relatively unknown guy (at least to casuals) who has less a chance of pulling off the upset than Guerrero did.

In looking at the tickets still available at Ticketmater for Mayweather/Berto you've got a crap load of $500 upper-level seats and $1,000/$1,500 non-ringside seats still available. No way in hell non-premium seats like those sell out at those prices LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by 887
                      TBE get a solid 60 million irregardless if you punk ass haters buy it or not!!!!!!!!

what you need to understand is that your one dimensional hating asses dont have no impact on his finances!!!!!

step to it kiddos!!!!!
                      His guarantee is 32 million and "irregardless" isn't a word, mafia don.

Comment

Working...
                      X