Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beterbiev turns down Kovalev offer (per Rafael)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beterbeivs only been around for 9 pro fights and although he has power he still needs to learn a lot in the pro ranks to fight and beat someone of Kovalev's stature. How about Kovalev's team put this much effort into making the Stevenson fight?

Comment

you guys do realise that this fight will probably never happen now? at least not until the political landscape shifts again. my guess is that haymon overruled michel here and convinced them to take the easier route

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        I don't think anyone has really heard of Beterbiev and many casual fans wont even know that Kovalev and Beterbiev have actually fought before in the amateurs.

If you're hyped surely you must be known by a wide spread of audience, I don't think he is anywhere near that point yet.
        Im talking about here. This community.

How come no one is calling this a duck?

All I see is, "understandable" "disappointing".

PS Work on your reading because I said BECOMING. I didnt say he IS. Big difference.

Comment

More like Haymon made him rejected the offer. It's not Haymons way to have his fighters in very threatening fights.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            He's a coward because his promoter doesn't have as much money as a multi-national investment company? That's a strange definition.

He did call out Stevenson though, to fight him on HBO, ppv, with a 50/50 split, but Superduck didn't want to know.
            I didn't call Kov a coward, I said it was cowardly calling out Bieterbiev and pulling out of the purse bid. Kov/Stevenson is the fight we all want, not Kov/Bieterbiev.

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            So what did that make Adonis Ch!ckensh!t for all those times he ducked KOv? Finally that he's ran out of picking on Wendy's assistant managers and giving away tickets does he grow some balls to fight him. KOv put in his work already, he damn sure should be rewarded. Anyone who fights professionally 18 times just to have a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, and food on the table should be rewarded. He basically fought for bare necessities. But to Ch!ckensh!t fans they're already claiming it as some type of victory
            Adonis moved away from the fight in 2014, no question. In 2015, Kov moved away from the fight when he walked away from a purse bid. Does this make him duckalev to you?

Kov's reward for bhop/pascal was Mohammedi, a 45-1 underdog. You are correct, Stevenson should not keep getting easy fights either. But you and I know networks sign fighters to deals an give them winnable fights more often than not.

Let the purse bid happen. Winner of the bid determines where the fight takes place. I just want to see Stevenson/Kov.

Comment

beterbiev ducked kovalev

now beterbiev ducks kovalev just like scumbag stevenson did.hopkins would school the robotic beterbiev if they fight.beterbiev aint ****.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I didn't call Kov a coward, I said it was cowardly calling out Bieterbiev and pulling out of the purse bid. Kov/Stevenson is the fight we all want, not Kov/Bieterbiev.

Adonis moved away from the fight in 2014, no question. In 2015, Kov moved away from the fight when he walked away from a purse bid. Does this make him duckalev to you?

Kov's reward for bhop/pascal was Mohammedi, a 45-1 underdog. You are correct, Stevenson should not keep getting easy fights either. But you and I know networks sign fighters to deals an give them winnable fights more often than not.

Let the purse bid happen. Winner of the bid determines where the fight takes place. I just want to see Stevenson/Kov.
                You keep struggling with the fact that that was a mandatory defense. He didn't seek out that goof like Stevenson did karpency. You also keep ignoring the fact that kovalev can only fight on hbo, purse bid is useless.

Comment

...which is why I didn't get my hopes up. I don't think Beterbiev has enough fights anyway. Hopefully whoever's next provides a challenge because Beterbiev needs rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    You keep struggling with the fact that that was a mandatory defense. He didn't seek out that goof like Stevenson did karpency. You also keep ignoring the fact that kovalev can only fight on hbo, purse bid is useless.
                    And you keep purposely leaving out he waited 2 years to fight the mandatory and wasn't initially planning on the mandatory defense.

FWIW Karpency is garbage but the transitional boxing board has him as the 10th best LHW in the world Mohammedi while the mando, was not in the top 10.

Kov didn't resign to HBO until after the purse bid pull out. When DUva wen to the WBC to get the mando status, Kov was sill on his 1st deal so to argue the HBO deal would prevent the purse bid is not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Im talking about here. This community.

How come no one is calling this a duck?

All I see is, "understandable" "disappointing".

PS Work on your reading because I said BECOMING. I didnt say he IS. Big difference.
                      Lol my bad, I tend to skim after a certain point of reading for too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X