Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beterbiev turns down Kovalev offer (per Rafael)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Lol if Beterbiev was anyone else it'd be called a duck. But since he's becoming a hype job himself.... "it's ok" I guess.
    I don't think anyone has really heard of Beterbiev and many casual fans wont even know that Kovalev and Beterbiev have actually fought before in the amateurs.

If you're hyped surely you must be known by a wide spread of audience, I don't think he is anywhere near that point yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Good move by Bieterbiev. Kov should not be rewarded after shamefully asking out of the purse bid and cowardly calling out someone other than Stevenson.
      He's a coward because his promoter doesn't have as much money as a multi-national investment company? That's a strange definition.

He did call out Stevenson though, to fight him on HBO, ppv, with a 50/50 split, but Superduck didn't want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        I don't think anyone has really heard of Beterbiev and many casual fans wont even know that Kovalev and Beterbiev have actually fought before in the amateurs.

If you're hyped surely you must be known by a wide spread of audience, I don't think he is anywhere near that point yet.
        Hype job = "He's good, but I don't like him"

Comment

One more fight (an eliminator) isn't going to improve Beterbiev much if any. Haymon/Beterbiev want to strip Kovalev without a fight. They know if they win a purse bid Kovalev legally isn't allowed to fight off HBO and that's their plan.
          Golovkin needs to worry about the same thing with guys like Jacobs, Eubank and Wade coming up as potential mandatories.

Hyrunov and Ryabinski might get involved, but who knows. Bidding big money on a LHW fight isn't the same as a HW fight. Meantime Haymon can bid as much as he wants knowing the fight won't come off if he wins (that's majorly ****ed up).

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Lol if Beterbiev was anyone else it'd be called a duck. But since he's becoming a hype job himself.... "it's ok" I guess.
            It's okay because he's genuinely not ready and because he can both get in more fights to improve while also earning the mandatory spot, which would get him more money.

So he can get the fight on his own terms while also improving his own chances of winning by waiting. I'm sure not a Beterbiev fanboy but this is the right way to do things for him.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Hype job = "He's good, but I don't like him"
              Yeah sort of seems the trend, If you become popular on here you will always have hate for some reason.
              Beterbiev is far from the most text book fighter in the world though but he is entertaining to watch, don't see what the hate would be for him not unless you're dead set against people being fun to watch lol.

Comment

good, he wasnt ready, let the megafight build naturally, no need to rush it
                let it simmer.

Comment

With 9 fights and up and coming that would be a foolish move to fight Kovalev to survive Kovalev 3 rounds in the Amateurs is different than to survive him for 12 in the pros

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Good move by Bieterbiev. Kov should not be rewarded after shamefully asking out of the purse bid and cowardly calling out someone other than Stevenson.
                    So what did that make Adonis Ch!ckensh!t for all those times he ducked KOv? Finally that he's ran out of picking on Wendy's assistant managers and giving away tickets does he grow some balls to fight him. KOv put in his work already, he damn sure should be rewarded. Anyone who fights professionally 18 times just to have a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, and food on the table should be rewarded. He basically fought for bare necessities. But to Ch!ckensh!t fans they're already claiming it as some type of victory

Comment

He didn't want that work. Kov' would've beat him like he stole something.

Comment

Working...
                      X