No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Just watched the fight, as expected Golovkin dominates.

Golovkin looked good, defense looked improved.

Still showed many of the same flaws though.

Lemieux was brave, but looked like a 16-1 underdog.
    care to elaborate on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Golovkin methodically and boringly beating up another completely overmatched opponent. How exactly was that NOT boring?
      What should he do? Retire? You're seriously one of the most annoying posters on this site. Up there with PRBOXING, Megas30, Hugh Grant, BOXEO, Bigjavi and a whole slew of other silly posters. He's without a doubt the best MW and a world class fighter and you know it. Instead of pointing out how accurate and devastating his jab was, you just complain. Had it been a closer fight you'd complain about how GGG is overrated. Had Lemieux won you would've pumped out hundreds of posts of why GGG is overrated blah blah blah. It's hilarious how you complain of the fight being boring. Barely saw any clinches. There was a knockdown, there was a stoppage, the ref was predictably hilarious but yeah, sure, boring fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        NEVER!! Thanks fellow GGG brother. WAR GOLOVKIN!!!!

ALSO, no one can tell me Roman is #1 P4P,come on. I like the guy but Golovkin is 1000 times better. Chocolatito looked like an amateur in comparison. Golovkin is more complete and has superior technique and power. Better distance management, better movement, better IQ, better jab, better all around technique and of course better power.

In all honesty, I dont see ANYONE being able to compete with Gennady. And im trying to think someone in boxing history who could be competitive but Gennady beats all of them. He is something else, another level. The best fighter I have ever seen.
        You need to calm the entire duck down lol. He's in one of the weakest midle weight divisions in recent memory. He's the best of a bad bunch. He should fight kid chocolate next year then move to 168 and clean out that division since Ward will be gone and it will be safer for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
          What should he do? Retire? You're seriously one of the most annoying posters on this site. Up there with PRBOXING, Megas30, Hugh Grant, BOXEO, Bigjavi and a whole slew of other silly posters. He's without a doubt the best MW and a world class fighter and you know it. Instead of pointing out how accurate and devastating his jab was, you just complain. Had it been a closer fight you'd complain about how GGG is overrated. Had Lemieux won you would've pumped out hundreds of posts of why GGG is overrated blah blah blah. It's hilarious how you complain of the fight being boring. Barely saw any clinches. There was a knockdown, there was a stoppage, the ref was predictably hilarious but yeah, sure, boring fight.
          There's no need to take it personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Breed99 View Post
            care to elaborate on that?
            Stiff at times, lack of inside game, defense still needs plenty of improvement although it did look better.

But on the flipside, his jab was exceptional, timing was very good, power obviously exceptional, chin held up well.

Overall I was impressed. Only guy who I see who has a chance is Ward.

Comment

Stiff at times, lack of inside game, defense still needs plenty of improvement although it did look better.

But on the flipside, his jab was exceptional, timing was very good, power obviously exceptional, chin held up well.

what in last nights fight made you see this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                I do what I can lol

Comment

• Kovalev will knock Ward out in either of the last two rounds.
                  Ward Vs Golovkin is a great fight!

Comment

I was thinking of when you were talking about Golovkin not throwing counter punches during this fight. Saw him land a few and he just missed on an uppercut counter that would have put Lemieux's lights out.

There's sparring video of Golovkin and Chavez Jr. where Golovkin absolutely controls him at close quarters. Maybe we don't see that during actual fights because Golovkin wants the distance for his big shots, or maybe it was just sparring. I always wonder why we don't see more of what is in that video.

Comment

• Please stop bringing up Ward. He finally comes out of a mini retirement after 2 years and people have to bring him up. I'm not saying Ward isn't a good fighter, but to completely dis GGG and say Ward will beat him is stupid. Until they fight, we don't know for sure.

GGG knows how to cut off the ring and is a superb boxer himself as last night proved it.

Just give the guy the respect he is due.

Comment

Working...
                      X