Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I've seen the article.

It just said his older brothers would get him to challenge older, bigger guys. If they didn't want to fight, he wouldn't hit them. Good-natured fighting is part of the culture in that part of the world.

He wasn't going around beating up random people in the street.
    And these older brothers died when GGG was around 10 years old. That gives an idea of how old Gennady was at the time. Kev is just a disrespectful prick who is no longer worth my time and has been added to my ignore list with the others of his kind.

Idiots like him give this board a bad name as well as boxing fans in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      The only way to determine whether most fights should have been a PPV is AFTER THE PPV IS OVER. Who would have expected the May - Pac would have been one of the worst PPV fights of all time? Or one of the most boring fights of all time, PPV or not?

No one.

At least this fight did not cost $100 and had a great undercard. How many times have you gone to a movie, paid for your ticket and your date's ticket, sprung for the overpriced soda and candy and popcorn and the movie ends up making Gigli look like War and Peace? And at the movies, the undercard is 25 minutes of commercials.

Shyt happens.
      U got the wrong idea. I purchased it knowing it shouldn't be a ppv. But I purchase every ppv I support boxing and boxers because before anything else I'm a fan. I have whined about it or me wasting money. I don't do that. But I did say it wasn't a great main event. Because that's what I saw. Either way, yes floyd vs. Pac was a dud but it was still a ppv hype type fight. It was a true super event. Even if it was a dud. While what u said is true to some extenr, some fights, not many, transcend the sport. And that was one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        Lemieux is the same grade If not better than Maidana, so in your analysis it should only be a PPV If you're going to struggle against an opponent?
        The cherry pick gone all wrong that's what Floyd Vs Chino 1 was.
        Lemieux is not on Maidana's level. Lemieux has been upset by TKO, upset by decision, and KO'ed again now.

Maidana has come up with upsets in both weight classes he has fought in and he has never been stopped, especially not by no C fighters like Rubio(Soto Karrass of MW), or Alcine(no equivalent).

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          It's on Sports Illustrated. He used to beat up random people in the streets for no reason. It's not a lie.
          Come on Kev...Stop it. Stop making it look like he is some bad person. lol
          Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I've seen the article.

It just said his older brothers would get him to challenge older, bigger guys. If they didn't want to fight, he wouldn't hit them. Good-natured fighting is part of the culture in that part of the world.

He wasn't going around beating up random people in the street.
          Key word...Challenge! You are 100% right ... He wasn't going around assaulting innocent people.

Comment

• My flight just landed. Was it Hagler/Hearns or a one sided beatdown?

Comment

And these older brothers died when GGG was around 10 years old. That gives an idea of how old Gennady was at the time. Kev is just a disrespectful prick who is no longer worth my time and has been added to my ignore list with the others of his kind.

Listen, your hero was in a terrible PPV mismatch. That PPV gives boxing a bad name. I wish that nobody recommended that PPV to new boxing fans. That was a mismatch, and it was boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                My flight just landed. Was it Hagler/Hearns or a one sided beatdown?
                one sided beatdown

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  My flight just landed. Was it Hagler/Hearns or a one sided beatdown?
                  Hagler hearns.
                  Naw castillo v coralles

Comment

Damn bro was he beating
                    Up adults or other younger teens?

Comment

• Has Golovkin beaten a sound technical fighter in his resume?

Comment

Working...
                      X