Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will GGG be a top 5 middleweight of all time by the end of his career ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyRebel View Post
    Will Andre Berto be a top 5 welterweight of all time by the end of his career?(answer: HELL NO) Berto's resume of opposition so far > GGG's resume of opposition so far lol. I can't wait for GGG to lose just to end the warrant less hype. The guy's best win so far is either Geale, Macklin, or Murry FFS lol! GGG's Top 5 all time hype P4P... that HBO hype train.
    Yes, it is hard to hide...

Comment

• Wonder what excuses people will make up If he beats Lemieux, Quillin and Lee, they'll just downplay it like the heavyweight division and try to mock the middleweight division as being a weak division with absolutely no talent in it all because of their hate for a foreign fighters, sad bit is he is one of the most entertaining fighters we have right now yet some people seem so set in their sad little ways.

Comment

• I think people are losing sight of the fact that Geale and Murray are good fighters. Obviously the usual ******s will call them bums because they haven't won tons of world titles and been p4p rated, but actually look at the way they box and they are of a reasonably high quality. They are solid B level guys and both are world class.

And GGG ABSOLUTELY PULVERIZED THEM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Wonder what excuses people will make up If he beats Lemieux, Quillin and Lee, they'll just downplay it like the heavyweight division and try to mock the middleweight division as being a weak division with absolutely no talent in it all because of their hate for a foreign fighters, sad bit is he is one of the most entertaining fighters we have right now yet some people seem so set in their sad little ways.
          lol those 3 are a B level fighters Lee might even be C level , beat Ward at 168 then we can talk turkey .

Comment

• Originally posted by HaymonBoxing View Post
            I think people are losing sight of the fact that Geale and Murray are good fighters. Obviously the usual ******s will call them bums because they haven't won tons of world titles and been p4p rated, but actually look at the way they box and they are of a reasonably high quality. They are solid B level guys and both are world class.

And GGG ABSOLUTELY PULVERIZED THEM.
            U don't become ATG at MW by beating b level.fighters. and I'm not even sure I'd call them b level. Lower b level maybe. But like I said, that kinda resume doesn't even put u top 10 tbh. Middle weight might actually have a deeper history than any division in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              lol those 3 are a B level fighters Lee might even be C level , beat Ward at 168 then we can talk turkey .
              What does beating someone at 168lbs prove for someones legacy at 160, explain that to me... This pathetic little biased agenda needs to go away.

Comment

• Before GGG was on the scene in the states and still fought in germany no one here said the MW division is weak, with the indestructable force Abraham, who would easily move up to 168 and have a good chance against the best SMWs, then you Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor who had 2 exctiting fights together.

Sergio Martinez came along, finally got the credit he deserved, when he dominated Pavlik and went on to become #3 p4p for some time, who had close fights with Macklin who put Martinez down and was ahead on the scorecards at the stoppage, and Murray, who was an uncrowned champion, who arguably beat Martinez in his backyard.

What conjunction do all these fighters have? They were on a similar level, they had tough and close fights against each other, thats why no one said the MW division is weak. Sergio Martinez was one of the top p4p fighters for some reason.

Now GGG is on the scene and he totally obliterates the same competition, the fighters who used to be great, who had tough and close fights against each other, who had alot of fans and who were known to be good fighters or ex champions, GGG is just that good, he is on a different level. Now all of a sudden the same people say the MW is weak?

I tell you what, GGG makes the division that used to be very competitive and tough, look weak. Learn to appreciate it. Some guys totally miss the point and their biased hatred doesn't allow them to appreciate greatness.

The HW division compared to MW has actually been really weak and now people finally give Wlad some credit, when i read NSB Wlad gets more and more admired for dominating even a weak division, but GGG does the same in MW in a tougher division and he does it in a way more exciting and fan friendly way. Deal with it.
                Last edited by Jubei; 08-04-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  Before GGG was on the scene in the states and still fought in germany no one here said the MW division is weak, with the indestructable force Abraham, who would easily move up to 168 and have a good chance against the best SMWs, then you Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor who had 2 exctiting fights together.

Sergio Martinez came along, finally got the credit he deserved, when he dominated Pavlik and went on to become #3 p4p for some time, who had close fights with Macklin who put Martinez down and was ahead on the scorecards at the stoppage, and Murray, who was an uncrowned champion, who arguably beat Martinez in his backyard.

What conjunction do all these fighters have? They were on a similar level, they had tough and close fights against each other, thats why no one said the MW division is weak. Sergio Martinez was one of the top p4p fighters for some reason.

Now GGG is on the scene and he totally obliterates the same competition, the fighters who used to be great, who had tough and close fights against each other, who had alot of fans and who were known to be good fighters or ex champions, GGG is just that good, he is on a different level. Now all of a sudden the same people say the MW is weak?

I tell you what, GGG makes the division that used to be very competitive and tough, look weak. Learn to appreciate it. Some guys totally miss the point and their biased hatred doesn't allow them to appreciate greatness.

The HW division compared to MW has actually been really weak and now people finally give Wlad some credit, when i read NSB Wlad gets more and more admired for dominating even a weak division, but GGG does the same in MW in a tougher division and he does it in a way more exciting and fan friendly way. Deal with it.
                  Martinez didn't make p4p lists off Murray and Martinez wins. He was clearly on the slide at that point. Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Before GGG was on the scene in the states and still fought in germany no one here said the MW division is weak, with the indestructable force Abraham, who would easily move up to 168 and have a good chance against the best SMWs, then you Kelly Pavlik and Jermaine Taylor who had 2 exctiting fights together.
                    Nah, people have been saying MW is weak back during the Hopkins' run. Taylor had nobody to fight. After Taylor beat Hopkins he defended his title against 3 JMW's (Wright, Ouma, Spinks), then lost his first defense against an actual MW (Pavlik). Pavlik then had nobody to fight (outside of Germany). Gary Lockett, Rubio, and Miguel Epsino was TR's attempt to dig from the bottom of the barrel.

The only way to restore the MW division is to get rid of the JMW division. The majority of those guys are really young MW's who are able to cut down and the rehydrate back up the same as MW's do. But that's not happening, too many people would lose money on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Nah, people have been saying MW is weak back during the Hopkins' run. Taylor had nobody to fight. After Taylor beat Hopkins he defended his title against 3 JMW's (Wright, Ouma, Spinks), then lost his first defense against an actual MW (Pavlik). Pavlik then had nobody to fight (outside of Germany). Gary Lockett, Rubio, and Miguel Epsino was TR's attempt to dig from the bottom of the barrel.

The only way to restore the MW division is to get rid of the JMW division. The majority of those guys are really young MW's who are able to cut down and the rehydrate back up the same as MW's do. But that's not happening, too many people would lose money on that.
                      I'd like to see that happen too, there is still a good few more names to added to GGG resume at 160 but obviously for the simple fact GGG hasn't fought his career at 154lbs we're obviously going to look at 154lbs but the problem is will some of those guys want to come up knowing what they'll have to face to win a title?

Comment

Working...
                      X