Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will GGG be a top 5 middleweight of all time by the end of his career ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will GGG be a top 5 middleweight of all time by the end of his career ?

imo YES

1.)Marvin Hagler
    2.)Sugar Ray Robinson
    3.)Carlos Monzon
    4.)GGG
    5.)Jake Lamotta or B-Hop

Given the fact that he has yet to have a defining fight, it is hard to place exactly where he would rank, but yeah I fully expect him to deserve top 5 when all is said and done.

All I think I will say at this point is that he is charted for top 5 without doubt. I will wait for his accomplishments for placement, don't want to speculate too much.

Comment

Even if he beat Canelo and Cotto, there's noting else for him at middleweight. I doubt it. middleweight is just to weak in this era.

Comment

I think so he will go on a hopkins like run and dominate the division for years breaking the record for title defenses at middleweight.

Comment

I think he will end up on most people's top 5 but time and events will tell. If he continues to win his chances are good. If he loses a fight his chances go down. You have your top 5 all time greatest middleweights but please keep in mind that most other fans and experts would have a different top 5 greatest middleweights than your list. Some fighters on your list might be the same as others but all 5 the same is very unlikely. Robinson certainly is not on my list of the 5 best middleweights of all time. I'd go along with Robinson as possibly the best or one of the best welterweights of all time. At middleweight Robinson lost too many times to be on my list. He won the middleweight title 5 times partly because he kept losing it and then winning it back. Hopkins only lost it once in 10 years and over 20 defenses When he did lose his title he was over 40 years old and it was a bad decision.

Comment

How about he fight somebody above B grade before you start this All Time BS , long way to go .

Comment

I wouldn't even put him above Dick Tiger yet.

Comment

Cotto Canelo winner needs to fight Gennady.

/thread

Comment

I said Robinson would not make my top 5 list so of course LaMotta would not be on it either since Robinson was better than LaMotta. My top 5 would be in no particular order, Hagler, Hopkins, Monzon, Zale and GGG if things go well for him. If GGG fails then Cerdan takes his place. So three or maybe four of my top 5 are the same as yours. Robinson and LaMotta were great middleweights without a doubt. I just think Zale and Cerdan were a little better. Cerdan lost to LaMotta with an injured shoulder. He died in a plane crash on his way from France to the USA for the rematch with LaMotta.

Comment

Hahaha is this real life? Top five all time put the pipe down.

Comment

Working...
                    X