Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find it ironic roy Pernell and Floyd are not beloved but were the best of their tim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winners never tend to get the love they deserve. Just look at Serena Williams. She gets called everything under the sun and she's the most dominant athlete in the world right now.

Comment

Another pro-black thread by you. Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        This thread is a bull**** attempt by a Mayweather fanboy to make him into a victim by including other fighters and making stuff up. It's the only reason "therealpugilist" ever posts.
        this is probably true

Comment

Both Pernell and Floyd weren't entertaining to watch. Defense first fighters are never crowd favorites.

It's no surprise they aren't beloved.

I respect both, but they're like the San Antonio Spurs to me. Very successful, but so methodical that it can get boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            yeah but americans don't know who he is at all because he's a foreign guy and the american boxing scene is mostly non-white, have trouble caring about him

the HW champion was the "baddest man on the planet" until he was some guy nobody could relate to, then it was all about p4p

it works both ways, grow a thicker skin
            The term "p4p" has been around since the days of Sugar Ray Robinson. WTF are you talking about?

Comment

nobody still answered my question.....when was the last time the best fighter in the world p4p wasnt black????

black fighters get the least respect for their accomplishments and get ****ted on because some of the best make it look easy, usually dont get paid as much as less talented White, Mexicanor hispanic fighters

Comment

Ironic.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  this is probably true
                  I have over 2000 posts and have been on this site off and on since 2005, if yall cant face the truth get over it.

damn right im pro black...im black....actually im native american.....why in america its always a problem when a person of color shows some type of pride for their culture and their kind, but we see anti-black acts everyday

yall can kiss my ass when blacks are getting killed by police daily, churches burned, etc.

racism didnt end with having a black president

i dont see nobody calling hispanic fans on this site, pro-mexican or pro-peurto rican

damn right i take pride in being a native american, my people are the first on this earth, had the greatest civilizations, have contributed more to the human race than any so called "race", yet get bashed the most by everyone else

I think people have an inferiority complex when people of color have pride

Comment

Originally posted by Bravado View Post
                    Floyd and Pernell are victims of their success and the only thing holding them back is their skin color. Amazing that they dedicate their lives to a craft that can leave them incapacitated and people still look at them as if they've done nothing but bottom feed with top skill sets like Joe Calzaghe.
                    You see what you want to see. Whitaker was very respected. He is the best defensive fighter I've ever seen. Bangers get more love. It's true. Tyson was loved in a way that Floyd, for instance, never was. But Mayweather has accomplished more.

Re Calzaghe. I don't think he has many fans outside of Britain. Calslappy is not a term of endearment.

I think more people liked Trinidad than Hopkins because Trinidad was a banger (and Hopkins slipped and countered). And guess what? They were both black. (Race and culture/language are not the same thing.)

Comment

Working...
                    X