Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Apparently this is the deal Khan offered Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the definition of "well known, world class"?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      Well, if Team Brook is ok, why are you getting upset? When did he beat his wife? What are you on about?

Khan has accomplished more than Kell in shorter time/# of fights.
      Lol what?

I just said I thought it was a fair deal. Just saying the Khan request of being billed as the "a-side" is completely cringey.

The rest was sarcastic, which I think was pretty obvious.

Yeah, he's had a lot of success. Very easy when you come from an olympic background.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        lol why not fight now?

Brook has to go out there and fight two top guys while Khan just sits back and does nothing?
        Khan will fight another couple of featherfisted light welterweights and build them up as destroyers.

Comment

Khan is a bigger name than Brook and has done more in his career so far. But Brook's win over Porter tops anything Khan has done at WW, and Brook would be the defending champion.

So imo, it should be a 50/50 split, but if Brook is willing to give Khan the lion's share that's up to him. Brook should enter the ring second though. He would be a world champion defending his title, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Khan is a bigger name than Brook and has done more in his career so far. But Brook's win over Porter tops anything Khan has done at WW, and Brook would be the defending champion.

So imo, it should be a 50/50 split, but if Brook is willing to give Khan the lion's share that's up to him. Brook should enter the ring second though. He would be a world champion defending his title, FFS.
            No one should have a problem with this considering Hearn is ok with it and I'm guessing Brook is too.

Now, I'm wondering what constitutes as world class? Is there and agreement between Hearn and Khan as to who these guys will be? What if Hearn brings out someone like Rios, who I don't believe is a world class welter and Khan decides that he isn't too. I think the two sides to get together and discuss opponents, or at the very least give each other a heads up so there aren't any excuses.

Personally I'd like Khan v Bradley and Brook v Danny Garcia before summer 2016 and the winners and losers of the two match ups can fight each other.

Comment

Who is Khan going to fight then?

All the recognisable names left can punch.

Comment

Brook better fulfil his obligation of fighting two opponents at world level, that's only fair. If this fight falls apart its brooks fault now.

And for those saying why does Khan get a free pass, Khan has fought at elite world level for years, brook had only done it for a single fight!

I'd like to say brook take on collazo and algeri to fulfil his obligation.

Khan should take on Jo Jo dan in the meantime, that would be acceptable.

Comment

who will be the two "world class" fighters? alexander and rios, maybe? i doubt brook will risk a unification before getting khan in the ring. but what if the numbers brook pulls against his two interim opponents suggest that he deserves better terms against khan? it seems absurd to negotiate a fight so far away

Comment

Originally posted by HitBattousai View Post
                    Khan's "if Brook can do this" stuff is getting old. It's very clear he wants no part of the fight and wants to play it safe to preserve his unlikely chances to fight Floyd, hence why he's faced nothing but non-punchers since moving up to Welterweight. Brook should fight said name opponents anyway but do so knowing that Khan probably won't fight him either way.
                    so all Brook needs to do is beat Collazo and Algieri? Should not be too difficult . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      No one should have a problem with this considering Hearn is ok with it and I'm guessing Brook is too.

Now, I'm wondering what constitutes as world class? Is there and agreement between Hearn and Khan as to who these guys will be? What if Hearn brings out someone like Rios, who I don't believe is a world class welter and Khan decides that he isn't too. I think the two sides to get together and discuss opponents, or at the very least give each other a heads up so there aren't any excuses.

Personally I'd like Khan v Bradley and Brook v Danny Garcia before summer 2016 and the winners and losers of the two match ups can fight each other.
                      Khan has to "OK" Brooks opponents?! hahahahah . . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X