Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Van Heerden Could Be Fighting Frankie Gavin or Kell Brook Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good look if Van Heerden or Bumdu are picked. Kell will have a mando shortly so fight one of these two then.

Comment

Brook b*tched out of a Rios fight to go up against Bundu? Okay then.
      Chris John 2.0 gonna hold a belt hostage

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
        Brook b*tched out of a Rios fight to go up against Bundu? Okay then.
        Chris John 2.0 gonna hold a belt hostage
        Yeah believe Frankie Bruno

Nothing is suggesting that Bundu or Van Heerden is next for Brook. It has been rebuffed multiple times by his promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Last I heard he's fighting Sadam Ali. not sure though.

I'm not denying the card made it PPV - But it's clear they needed a marquee name to make it a credible PPV fight - And Brook was that, even though it was a gimme fight.

Some people said it would be a tricky fight for Brook. But I always knew Gavin would get smashed up good in an easy fight.

It is what it is, not a great fight. But from Brook's point of view, it was good to get out again so shortly after a long injury layoff and low self esteem.
          If its true then it would be an epic match up.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
            He said the same exact stuff about no chance of Gavin happening in 2015.
            He said the Gavin fight would happen in 2016. So it was always on the cards regardless, better to get it out the way then. He wasn't to know at the time that Khan would lose his balls and turn down the fight, plus pull out of his IBF eliminator spot.

Van Heereden and Bundu are nowhere near the top of the IBF rankings. Chaves and Alexander are. I'm guessing it will be one of them if they don't fight each other.

Once again, just a desperate rumour started by Khan. And when Khan speaks, the Khanturd worshippers regurgitate what he says like puppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              If its true then it would be an epic match up.
              I'm pretty sure Saddam Ali is fighting Bradley for the WBO strap.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              He said the Gavin fight would happen in 2016. So it was always on the cards regardless, better to get it out the way then. He wasn't to know at the time that Khan would lose his balls and turn down the fight, plus pull out of his IBF eliminator spot.

Van Heereden and Bundu are nowhere near the top of the IBF rankings. Chaves and Alexander are. I'm guessing it will be one of them if they don't fight each other.

Once again, just a desperate rumour started by Khan. And when Khan speaks, the Khanturd worshippers regurgitate what he says like puppets.
              Most likely Chaves or Alexander but don't make either of them seem like amazing fights. Be impartial and remember that Chaves got stopped by Thurman and Alexander lost every round to Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post

Most likely Chaves or Alexander but don't make either of them seem like amazing fights. Be impartial and remember that Chaves got stopped by Thurman and Alexander lost every round to Khan.
                Can we rely on you to acknowledge they are steps in the right direction?

This common opposition is good as it will draw comparisons and further fuel the fire for matches involving Brook/Khan/Thurman in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post

Chaves or Alexander will be his mandatory. The fights are fine and would have to happen at some point. Chaves seems to be the frontrunner. He gave Thurman a tough fighter before being stopped, gave Bradley a tough fight and was beating Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

An article on thaboxing voice said the same thing about Heerden/Bundu.

Rrrrright! Rios wasn't in IBF top 15 from Jan-April and showed up at #13 in May out of no where despite his last bout being in Jan.

Puppet? Looked in the mirror lately?
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 07-30-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Out of the apparently thin list of possible opponents I think Chaves is the one that would give Brook the biggest test. Brook-Chaves is as good a fight as the Rios fight would have been, Rios just has more of a 'name' than Chaves.
                      Last edited by Humean; 07-30-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X