No announcement yet.

Ward begging for GGG fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
    Ward winning is a sure thing. If GGG thought he could beat him at 168 he would do it.
    If Ward winning was a sure thing, RN could front a major offer to Golovkin and consider it a promotional investment into reestablishing Ward's marketability. It would be better than the plan they're on losing a couple million dollars per fight on BET. Or if they're so confident of victory they could call Golovkin's bluff at fight at 164.

Instead we'll see another couple of tune-up fights from Andre. Honestly Ward could've been taking these meaningless tune-up fights while he was taking Goosen to court - that's what Golovkin did when he was fighting Universum and how he fought Nunez, Tapia, and Ouma.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      He has a fight to train for in his own division. Tell Ward to lure some other 160 or 154 pounder up since he won't move up the 3 pounds to face Kovalev or any other legit LHW for that matter.
      Ok. Point stands.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Brilliant logic. I guess Canelo beating Floyd at 154 is sure thing. If Floyd thought he could beat him at 154 he would have.
      **** Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        If Ward winning was a sure thing, RN could front a major offer to Golovkin and consider it a promotional investment into reestablishing Ward's marketability. It would be better than the plan they're on losing a couple million dollars per fight on BET. Or if they're so confident of victory they could call Golovkin's bluff at fight at 164.

Instead we'll see another couple of tune-up fights from Andre. Honestly Ward could've been taking these meaningless tune-up fights while he was taking Goosen to court - that's what Golovkin did when he was fighting Universum and how he fought Nunez, Tapia, and Ouma.
        If GGG felt he could win he would fight him at 168. You dudes like to argue just to argue. You have nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          So from a real boxing fan perspective, which is more competitive GGG vs Ward or Kovalev vs Ward?
          Probably Kovalev

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Lol. Like I said, he needs Golovkin.

Obviously pay-per-view is the next step and that’s what we’re shooting for. We are targeting Gennady Golovkin right now, whether that’s next or the one after, there’s a lot to be done to make that fight happen. He keeps saying he wants to fight me and it’s a match-up the fans want to see. A year or two ago it was not the right time, but I think now is. I’m not chasing him but everybody is saying they want to give fans what they want to see. I’m in the category of guys like Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins – I’m not comparing myself to them in every aspect – but when you win a lot and it looks easy, sometimes the media have a standard set for you and they take away from your performance, saying the guy was too small, but if Golovkin beats me he’s the greatest fighter in the world; that’s just the way it is.
            HBO rumor was true? What Golovkin said about agreeing three times to fight Ward was true?

C'mon Ward! Now Golovkin playing the annoying A side game. Ward better negotiate with the demands and make the fight happen because it is sort of his fault.

Comment

• GGG bout to unify with Lemiuex and has the Cotto Canelo winner. I'm sorry but I can't be mad at him for sticking around at 160. Ward needs GGG Bad and knows it. Doesn't give a damn about the fans either. Kovalev has become a willing opponent for Ward and fans wanna see it too. Go that way Andre and forget about Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Probably Kovalev
                Exactly. And my simple, unbiased question is not even coming from a fanboy perspective because I believe Ward would beat Golovkin due to size and style.

So why are people demanding GGG vs Ward, instead of Kovalev vs Ward?

Is this just hate or what?

Comment

• ward is such a clown, he is no A-side PERIOD.

Comment

If GGG felt he could win he would fight him at 168. You dudes like to argue just to argue. You have nothing.
                    Maybe, but it was never said that Golovkin sees Ward as a walk-over. Everyone knows that Ward's game plan is to impose his physical size advantage on Golovkin in an ugly mauling fight. At the same time what's his incentive to jump 8lbs? Ward doesn't bring the Mexican market like Chavez and Ward doesn't bring the UK market like Froch. Ward doesn't even bring a strong Oakland market right now. Ward needs to make up for that factor if he expects the smaller man to move up.

Golovkin will drop down for Floyd, just like Ward said he would. Cotto & Alvarez are fighting for a MW title that Golovkin is part owner of; small or not they're in his division. When Golovkin fought Rosado, he offered Rosado a CW of 158 w/o Rosado's team even asking for it.

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS EQUATION you have Andre Ward. A guy who said he'd go up to LHW for a single fight, then made the #1 LHW come down to his weight and even refused later to fight at 170lbs. A guy who refused a 2 fight deal with Adonis Stevenson, the first at 168lbs in Oakland with a rematch at 175lbs in Montreal (he was saying Stevenson needed to prove himself and instead was calling out Chavez Jr). A guy who wanted to fight MW Caleb Truax at 168lbs, no CW offered.

Comment

Ok. Point stands.

**** Floyd
                      Fcuk Floyd indeed, he's a POS, but I'd still put money on him vs Canelo at 154 and so would most anyone else that saw the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X