• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOMB ZQUAD View Post
    If Beterbiev can't, I don't think anyone else will
    Something like this ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
      I'd say ward. Kov is ridiculously powerful and technically sound, but predictable. Don't forget a 50 year old b hop went 12 with him and b hops body frame is smaller than Ward's. And I believe that ward is far and away the quicker and more skilled boxer, so yeah ward.
      ummm first of all Behop never been stopped in his entire career... 2nd of all he lost every round and was there to survive... so how does that fight tell you anything about how Ward will do against Kovalev i dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by English Lion View Post
        Andre Ward schools Kovalev...doesn't lose a round.
        You may be right in terms of talent comparisons. Ward is the consummate fighter, has it all going on. The only caveat is Kovalev is one tough S.O.B. Both will be tested in this fight and it should be a great one.

Comment

Kovalev would've stopped Froch if they ever fought..

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
            ummm first of all Behop never been stopped in his entire career... 2nd of all he lost every round and was there to survive... so how does that fight tell you anything about how Ward will do against Kovalev i dont know.
            Ward's style is similar to B Hop's but he is younger, faster and bigger. Defensively, Ward can avoid the ko by dictating distance, which B Hop did, but landing some punches, which b hop didn't do. I understand that it was a shutout, but largely because Hopkins didn't throw punches. I know it's hard to look good against a defensive fighter, but if Ward manages distance and pot shots or at least throws 40 punches a round while managing distance he can win.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
              Even though, you're right about Ward and Kovalev being predictable, I have to add somethhing to your comment

I think Kovalev didn't KO Bernard because there was no game plan on being agressive to not end up in some B Hop's trap, the plan was to actually outbox him and that was a smart thing to do. Considering that, I doubt he'd KO Bernard even if he tried, but he wasn't trying to go for a KO in the first place

Plus, if Kovalev KO'd B Hop some people would be saying this euro robot don't have no stamina to box for 12 rounds. People was questioning Kovalev's stamina before the fight with Hopkins and that fight silenced all that ****. Since the fight went distance, the same people who were questioning his stamina say that Kovalev is "not that strong because he couldn't KO 50 y.o guy" now while forgetting that B Hop got one of the most solid chins in boxing. Having full 12 round fight with a HOF'er like Hopkins is better boxing experience than fights with some bums who gets KO'd in the first 2-3 rounds
              You don't look like an endurance warrior if you go 12 with a 50 year old fighter throwing 15-20 punches per round. Hop gave him openings for aggression and like you said he didn't take them. I understand game plans, but Hop was too slow for kov plain and simple and Kov seemed very concerned about traps and being caught. He won on activity and I believe Ward can be just as active as him. Also Ward is less predictable than Kov. Ward can fight on the back foot countering, he can fight going forward with pot shots, He can fight inside and he can fight outside just as comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
                That doesn't mean anything. Kovalev won 11 of the 12 rounds by a mile.
                This comment is regarding ko ratio and power being less effective versus elite comp. Not that this fight is last fight but that Kov the Krusher will need to prepare for a long fight vs Ward, someone who may actually punch him back.

Comment

Only Ward at this point.

Comment

If Ward can't beat him the only other person that could is Gvozdyk or Beterbiev

Comment

Originally posted by No Diggity View Post
                      Kovalev would've stopped Froch if they ever fought..
                      Nope, he wouldn't have stopped him... he would have killed him.

Comment

Working...
                      X