No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan, Hearn Meet To Discuss Kell Brook Clash in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    How did I insult you? You literally said two months, I corrected you and then you said some desperate **** about having to train the day after the Brook fight cos you wouldn't own up to your mistake.
    You said it's 3 months. That's fine, I Saud two. Doesn't change the fact the you were implying that he would have three months to get ready for the fight. Which we both know is not possible if he fought June 13th.

Comment

Either one of them could have been ready for Mayweather in September. What a weak excuse. Shawn Porter fought June 20th and people have thrown his name in the hat for Mayweather.

Khan has gone against his own religion to make himself available for September yet this guy is actually trying to argue that he wouldn't be ready for Mayweather in 3 months
      People threw his name in the hat? After the fact that he had an easy fight? After the fact he didn't get injured or cut or anything that would need time to heal?

C'mon man....you're being irrational. Big time.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Who starts a training camp right after a fight? Especially if he gets banged up. Don't be an idiot like him. If he fought on June 13th he's going to do training camp in mid June?

Wtf is wrong with you guys?
        He'd be doing Ramadan anyway as he always was going to do. Ramadan started on June 17th. Khan was never going to start hard training until the end of Ramadan. See below.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Amir Khan claims he CAN fight Floyd Mayweather in September.

Britain's Khan had ruled himself out of the running to be Mayweather's next opponent then, because he cannot train during Ramadan.

However, because Ramadan ends on July 17, he now feels he would have enough time to prepare for Mayweather if the fight were scheduled for the middle of September.

"Mayweather only fights in mid-September and Ramadan will be a little earlier this year, which helps. It gives me enough time to get the training done. So it can happen in September."
        Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-28-2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

You said it's 3 months. That's fine, I Saud two. Doesn't change the fact the you were implying that he would have three months to get ready for the fight. Which we both know is not possible if he fought June 13th.
          Since when does someone need 3 months to get ready for a fight?

People threw his name in the hat? After the fact that he had an easy fight? After the fact he didn't get injured or cut or anything that would need time to heal?

So before it was time for camp, and now it's fantasy injuries he might sustain in a fight?

Comment

Cuts and injuries are part of boxing. Porter could have easily got cut or injured. Just like Khan could have against Algieri. It's a risk in any fight.

Wow....you're really not saying much here at all. Excuses running thinner by the post.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Since when does someone need 3 months to get ready for a fight?
              It's a complete moot point as Khan, by his own words, was never going to start training hard for Mayweather until the end of Ramadan which would have been over a month after the Brook fight.

Khan has never used preparation time for Mayweather as an excuse to duck the Brook fight either. And he's used almost every other excuse in the book!

The Brook fight would have changed nothing in Khan's plans. Well unless of course Brook sparked him out which is the reason he turned down the fight.

Comment

Cuts and injuries are part of boxing. Porter could have easily got cut or injured. Just like Khan could have against Algieri. It's a risk in any fight.

Wow....you're really not saying much here at all. Excuses running thinner by the post.
                He could have been cut (Porter ) or injured, but he WASNT. Had he been, his name would not have been thrown around in any hat.

That's my point. It's not an excuse. Yes, Khan could have been cut or injured with Algieri and he would have been possibly ruled out for a Sept fight. Or maybe not. He had 2-weeks a better chance to be recovered rather than fighting on June 13th. What you're not getting is that Khan was doing what he could to make sure he was available for Mayweather in May or Sept. Not Brook in JUNE. He coukdve done a lot of things, but he was doing what he thought was best to secure the fight.

Comment

You weasels drained my battery.

Comment

He could have been cut (Porter ) or injured, but he WASNT. Had he been, his name would not have been thrown around in any hat.

That's my point. It's not an excuse. Yes, Khan could have been cut or injured with Algieri and he would have been possibly ruled out for a Sept fight. Or maybe not. He had 2-weeks a better chance to be recovered rather than fighting on June 13th. What you're not getting is that Khan was doing what he could to make sure he was available for Mayweather in May or Sept. Not Brook in JUNE. He coukdve done a lot of things, but he was doing what he thought was best to secure the fight.
                    I notice you ignored the part about Ramadan.

Amir Khan claims he CAN fight Floyd Mayweather in September.

Britain's Khan had ruled himself out of the running to be Mayweather's next opponent then, because he cannot train during Ramadan.

However, because Ramadan ends on July 17, he now feels he would have enough time to prepare for Mayweather if the fight were scheduled for the middle of September.

"Mayweather only fights in mid-September and Ramadan will be a little earlier this year, which helps. It gives me enough time to get the training done. So it can happen in September."

Comment

brook doesnt deserve it, hes on a bum marathon

Comment

Working...
                      X