Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Gennady Golovkin Fear Greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    I just dont get why he needs a catchweight for Ward but not Froch or Chavez jr...makes 0 sense to me
    Same reason why Floyd needed a CW against Canelo and not Cotto
    Because he wants to get every advantage he can
    Fawk Larry your blindness is almost insulting

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      I just dont get why he needs a catchweight for Ward but not Froch or Chavez jr...makes 0 sense to me
      Same reason he would fight Floyd at 154 but not Cotto or Nelo at 155. Its all about the money. More money fighting Jr. or Froch than Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        GGG has a massive amount of hype surrounding him right now & of all the big name guys he's discussed fighting Ward is on the bottom of the list I'm sure. So I find this kinda hilarious with how GGG & his people are backing away from previous statements, but also fully understandable.

GGG seems super close to a fight with Canelo or Cotto & those fights are big & either guy has a much better chance to catch a L to GGG than Ward does. Granted at some point GGG just gots to jump into a big fight & the fact the WBC is likely to allow this fight to get pushed back again & with GGG likely being 34 before he has a meaningful career fight if he doesn't take this Ward opportunity, BUT there is more $ & hype in beating Canelo or even Cotto imho than beating Ward even though Ward is the highest P4P among all parties.

Having said that GGG fans are still the most annoying people on boxing forums even if I can be an apologist for him potentially turning down his current situation.
        Unlike most I don't mind the hype. It's good for the sport. But fact of the matter is he should capitalize on this hype and beat Ward to become the #1 pound for pound fighter in boxing. If that happens, the hype will be insane and he will triple his value and be able to dictate terms to any future opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          If he loses, there's no shame in that.
          There's always shame in losing, even if its competitive or close, accept it or not. No one is celebrating a L. Losing sucks ass.

Although thats not really the damaging part of a L today. Boxing has such a small percentage of competitive fights in relation to all the fights taking place that a L is more damaging financially than in any other sport arguably. The preferred route for max financial impact on GGG's bank account right now is ideally thru Cotto or/than Canelo & then Ward. Taking on Ward & losing would likely effect how much he could make for Canelo &/or Cotto later on. It could even result in him losing out on those opportunities altogether. Fans are too fickle these days. Lose once & you suck, lose twice & its time to retire in a certain percentage of knucklehead fans opinion.

Comment

An anonymous source telling Bscene that Ward wants to fight GGG next is not an offer on the table. It's just hearsay.

Hopkins achieved greatness by unifying the MW division before moving up to 168, then 175. He was MW champ for 6 years and 36 yo before he moved up to 168.

If it was good enough for BHop, don't criticise GGG for following the same policy. Unify first, then move up.

Comment

Predictable thread and response from the TBE, Ellerbe, Hymen, Sho, Espinoza, Schaefer fanbase. Same old, same old TBE/Afro-based opinions. What else is new?

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                Predictable thread and response from the TBE, Ellerbe, Hymen, Sho, Espinoza, Schaefer fanbase. Same old, same old TBE/Afro-based opinions. What else is new?
                Damn. You caught MAD feelings. Sensitive type. Take some time to cool off.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Because Ward is twice as good as Froch and 10 times as good as Chavez. You know this, I know this, most fans know this and GGG knows this. If Ward was just a pretty good 168 pounder GGG would gladly fight him at 168. Ward is by far the best 168 pounder in the world and one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. That's why GGG won't come all the way up to Ward's ideal weight but will fight him half way at 164.
                  Thank you thats all i wanted to hear

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
                    Damn. You caught MAD feelings. Sensitive type. Take some time to cool off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                      Yep because somehow what you posted has to do with this

Comment

Working...
                      X