Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Gennady Golovkin Fear Greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    He makes money off of his hype. Someone like Ward would put a stop to that.
    I would have to agree with this. His fans will overhype him just like any other fanbase but, wow, some of the comments and or claims are beyond crazy.

IMHO Ward beats GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Because Ward is twice as good as Froch and 10 times as good as Chavez. You know this, I know this, most fans know this and GGG knows this. If Ward was just a pretty good 168 pounder GGG would gladly fight him at 168. Ward is by far the best 168 pounder in the world and one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. That's why GGG won't come all the way up to Ward's ideal weight but will fight him half way at 164.
      Because Ward is too good? That is your answer? You accept this circus because Ward is too good and needs to be put at a disadvantage?

This is insane. What happened to capitalizing on an opportunity to be the absolute best fighter in the world today?

Comment

He will likely lose to Ward so it would be foolish to pursue that fight right away

They are doing the right thing by putting it off as long as they can

Comment

Originally posted by TheStranger View Post
          I think Golovkin released a statement saying those weren't really his words (agreeing 3X).
          They denied one interview that he did but didn't deny the other. They've had a PR nightmare in recent weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by King Man View Post
            He will likely lose to Ward so it would be foolish to pursue that fight right away

They are doing the right thing by putting it off as long as they can
            Best response in the entire thread

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              He makes money off of his hype. Someone like Ward would put a stop to that.
              Ward would put a stop to that IF Ward wins. That is a mighty big and uncertain IF. If everybody already knew Ward would win then this fight would not be in demand. Why can't you find a middleweight who can put a stop to GGG's "hype"? You do know he is a middleweight and a small enough middleweight that he can fight at 154 for a big fight.

Comment

GGG has a massive amount of hype surrounding him right now & of all the big name guys he's discussed fighting Ward is on the bottom of the list I'm sure. So I find this kinda hilarious with how GGG & his people are backing away from previous statements, but also fully understandable.

GGG seems super close to a fight with Canelo or Cotto & those fights are big & either guy has a much better chance to catch a L to GGG than Ward does. Granted at some point GGG just gots to jump into a big fight & the fact the WBC is likely to allow this fight to get pushed back again & with GGG likely being 34 before he has a meaningful career fight if he doesn't take this Ward opportunity, BUT there is more $ & hype in beating Canelo or even Cotto imho than beating Ward even though Ward is the highest P4P among all parties.

Having said that GGG fans are still the most annoying people on boxing forums even if I can be an apologist for him potentially turning down his current situation.

Comment

I simply don't get it. Whether he loses to Ward is not a reason to avoid the fight or ask for a cw while you're saying you'd go to 168 against a guy in Chavez who can't even make 172lbs.

If he loses, there's no shame in that. Matter of fact, he might then get others to actually fight him once they see he's not unstoppable. The risk of losing to Ward would come with benefits no matter what. GGG is not young at all. He doesn't have time to keep acting like his level of competition is acceptable.

Fans and haters can agree on that. He doesn't need to stay at 168, but p4p discussions are based on these type of matchups. Legacies are made, hype is turned to reality and if a loss occurs, there's enough time to still rule his division.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    They denied one interview that he did but didn't deny the other. They've had a PR nightmare in recent weeks.
                    Yes they denied one interview and not the other... what a nightmare... (also the one they didn't deny didn't say they agreed 3x).

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      I just dont get why he needs a catchweight for Ward but not Froch or Chavez jr...makes 0 sense to me
                      hes scared thats why

Comment

Working...
                      X