• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    Why the double standard toots?
    I could ask you the same question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      lol that was years ago and it was just mouthing off in the moment that ends up in print , people talk it up all the time when you catch them out with a 1/2 assed question , not the same as going on record during negotiations as team GGG have .

One is being real one is being hyped , as a fan of one your having trouble seeing the difference , I couldnt care less who won or lost I like them both as fighters , I can see whats going down .
      And the quote that everyone loves to bring up for GGG was said before he had ever had a fight in the US, way back when he first arrived. Since then, it has been made very clear that moving up or down in weight would only be done for a significant PPV fight.

But for some reason, Wardbots always seem to ignore that. And Ward's comment about moving to LHW and beating a Klitschko was made AFTER Golovkin's comment and is much more recent. 2013 in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Just a couple of points

GGG is marketable because he's a KO artist - knockouts sell. I don't think the entire GGG hype machine is all down to the 'take on anyone' strategy as you put it, though it may have helped. It may well be fake, or economical with the truth, because its there to generate publicity. Lots of boxers/teams/promoters do it. I remember Ward saying he wants to fight at Heavyweight (prompting the comparisons to RJJ), but actions speak louder than words

Which leads to the second point. Why should you believe anything they say? I think you're aware and intelligent enough to make a rational decision on the things they say, believing everything or disregarding everything isn't the brightest route the follow. Obviously Team GGG are going to be extremely biased or exaggerative in most of their approaches, in order to benefit their fighter. I'd take 99% of their claims with a truck load of salt.
        Good post right there, nice one ^^

Look, I cant really argue with that..... but regarding the bold.....

Golovkin appears to be just another manufactured fighter.

I thought he was special, but I was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
          If Ward really had balls, he'd accept what Gennady "A-side" Golovkin gives him. But, we all know that Fraudre just flaps his gums to anyone who will listen, "I'll come to 160 for Floyd". OK, great. So why not 164 for the guy who is being generous and offering a compromise? Because Fraudre Coward is one of the biggest trash talkers today. He just hides behind the image. "I'll fight Floyd at 160", "I'll be going to 175", "I can beat a Klitschko". He's opened his mouth and done none of those things.
          So, the proven fighter Ward, has to fight Golovkin at catchweight?

And the proven 153lb fighter Cotto, has to fight GGG at the full divisional limit?

Are you Golovkins mother ?

Who protects Golovkin while you sleep ?

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
          GGG got him shook.
          Anyone who will not fight Lara, should keep Wards name out of his mouth !

Sounds to me like Cotto got Golovkin shook.

They would rather fight a bum for Cottos vacant title.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Good job, now convince Cotto, Canelo, Froch... And Hagler, Mancini, Naazim Richardson...

Comment

Nothing manufactured about winning over 300 amateur fights and working his way up to stardom. It was a long road, fighting out of Germany chasing the most popular German fighter in Sturm who never manned up and fought him, despite GGG being mandatory for two years. Once he was able to get out of his contract, after a long legal battle, he immediately got a chance on HBO to fight Pirog and he's built a fan base ever since.

Not sure why people are still complaining. He secured a fairly big fight against Lemieux for a middleweight unification bout and it's clear they are hoping/planning for a huge Canelo fight for the WBC/IBF/WBA/lineal unification given Gennady is mandatory to the WBC. After that Ward and whoever else at 168 can happen, and I'm sure it will happen even sooner if Cotto were to win, or if Canelo somehow weasels his way out of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                Green K sent!

Nothing but the truth, Andre Ward is a gigantic hypocrite who is trying to come across as the morally superior in this but he fails it with his fakeness which just can be seen through a mile away.
                This is the same man who'd rather spend 2 years in court stressing out a great man who was already suffering from liver cancer.

It's sad because I thought early on Andre Ward was different, seemed like a decent family man reminded me much of Timothy Bradley but as time went on I guess he wasn't being told what to say as much.

Anyway If this ******* wants a fight he needs to make a compromise and that's it.
                " fakeness " ?

You asshat !

Ward: lets fight
                Golovkin: catchweight doe
                Ward: wtf happened to anyone from 154-168?
                Golovkin: I didnt mean anyone, I meant anyone I can beat
                Ward: but, that makes you a fake, a fraud..... a liar !
                Golovkin: dey duckin me doe

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  And the quote that everyone loves to bring up for GGG was said before he had ever had a fight in the US, way back when he first arrived. Since then, it has been made very clear that moving up or down in weight would only be done for a significant PPV fight.

But for some reason, Wardbots always seem to ignore that. And Ward's comment about moving to LHW and beating a Klitschko was made AFTER Golovkin's comment and is much more recent. 2013 in fact.

Bullshht !

GGG said that himself, in person, about 3 months ago, on this very site.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/gennady-g...weather--93094

Golovkin, is completely full of shht !

Boxing fans need to smarten up.

Comment

" fakeness " ?

You asshat !

Ward: lets fight
                    Golovkin: catchweight doe
                    Ward: wtf happened to anyone from 154-168?
                    Golovkin: I didnt mean anyone, I meant anyone I can beat
                    Ward: but, that makes you a fake, a fraud..... a liar !
                    Golovkin: dey duckin me doe

Ward shouldn't be saying that since he'd also said he'd fight top 175ers, and could even beat Klitschko. So that would make him a fake, fraud, liar, right?

Comment

Bullshht !

GGG said that himself, in person, about 3 months ago, on this very site.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/gennady-g...weather--93094

Golovkin, is completely full of shht !

Boxing fans need to smarten up.
                      GGG and his promoter have denied this article, apparently made up by some UK tabloid. What nobody denied, including Ward, is when HBO came asking to make Ward GGG, GGG said yes, Ward said no.

Comment

Working...
                      X