Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey garcia gives details of top rank legal battle: "they didn't offer any fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what's kind of weird is the fighters that seem to be a bit smarter as far as what's involved on the business side of boxing are the ones who have problems with Top Rank.

Comment

****ing ****** in the background at the end messing with a good interview.

ANYHOW, good share! It's hard to know who to believe in these situations. Bob says Garcia has a distorted idea of his worth as a fighter which I DO believe because Mikey strikes me as a little bish.

BUT Bob is also a trickster, even though I like him lol.

We'll see how this plays out. I like and enjoy the drama though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        You know what's kind of weird is the fighters that seem to be a bit smarter as far as what's involved on the business side of boxing are the ones who have problems with Top Rank.
        like who?

only one who left and got better was floyd.

rest didn't really make more.

oscar? but he came back and dealt with arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          And get stuck in quasi-Chavez Jr perpetual hell ( "we'll get you the Martinez if you give us two more fights before walking ... we'll give you the Golovkin fight, if you give us another option fight after that")? gtfoh.
          ummm... chavez jr. made money.

that crap hurt pac or bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            I don't even bother correcting these dummies anymore.
            the dummy is the moron who told arum he wanted to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              like who?

Those are the ones i'm talking about, Oscar, Floyd, now Mikey. Just seems like they are the ones to ask questions and want to be a bit more involved business wise. Top Rank doesn't seem to like that, they just want them to shut up and fight.

Both Oscar and Floyd made their biggest paydays once they left Top Rank. Arum didn't want to match them together and said Floyd was asking for too much, and look what happened when they made the fight.

Comment

Those are the ones i'm talking about, Oscar, Floyd, now Mikey. Just seems like they are the ones to ask questions and want to be a bit more involved business wise. Top Rank doesn't seem to like that, they just want them to shut up and fight.

Both Oscar and Floyd made their biggest paydays once they left Top Rank. Arum didn't want to match them together and said Floyd was asking for too much, and look what happened when they made the fight.
                that's 2.

and those 2 are the exception not the norm.

mikey was making good money.

and those "SIGN EXTENSION AND I'LL GET YOU THIS" is when he would have made even more.

ask bradley and pac.

arum is a businessman he'll pay to keep those he wants to keep.

Comment

the dummy is the moron who told arum he wanted to leave.
                  Once a fighter sues a promoter for the Ali act, there's nothing to be said, breach of contract is what they're looking for.

The real sad part in all this, is how no one is questioning, how TR keeps putting fighters in endless contracts and managers keep letting their fighters sign those contracts, the entire purpose of the manager is to look out for the fighter and not the promoter, hell, we don't even know how many fighters have these contracts because most of them are conformed with a single promoter, but the second the fighter realizes that there's no end insight, he has to take action.

Could he have kept quiet and acted like most fighters and stayed with 1 promoter, yup, but he doesn't want to be locked down with 1 promoter for the rest of his career, win or lose, something needs to change on who revises these contracts, obviously there's a problem on who's really looking out for the fighters in TR.

Comment

like who?

So did Floyd. And Cotto.

Comment

Not even "smarter" per se; it's just the fighters who are curious to know stuff seem to run into all of the problems with Arum.

Comment

Working...
                      X