Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey garcia gives details of top rank legal battle: "they didn't offer any fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    more likely is that after all the heavy lifting has been done, all the financial losses incurred by TR in developing the fighter, when they finally get to the point where they are starting to make some money, they resent that TR is actually finally making a dollar too, so suddenly they dont "need" them anymore.

No different really than getting your PHD and a great job but not wanting to pay your student loan.
    That sorta thing just seems to happen at TR a lot is all I'm saying so again like the 50+ women accusing Bill Cosby of raping them I tend to think the foul is on TR's side, but they have more money then any particular fighter thus like Cosby they can probably keep this **** on the down low for a long ass time like they've seemingly already have. And it seems to be guys who've gotten BA's too not just their PHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      That sorta thing just seems to happen at TR a lot is all I'm saying so again like the 50+ women accusing Bill Cosby of raping them I tend to think the foul is on TR's side, but they have more money then any particular fighter thus like Cosby they can probably keep this **** on the down low for a long ass time like they've seemingly already have. And it seems to be guys who've gotten BA's too not just their PHD.
      I guess it just comes down to what you define as "a lot". With TR having worked with hundreds (if not thousands) of fighters over the past 5 decades, having a few guys here and there unhappy is not really all that surprising.......

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        What may weather did is buy out his contract, Garcia is refusing to do this and wants to leave for free

All he has to do is pay up what's in Yao contract and he can go like all boxers
        Naw in amother interview he said his team offered a buy out and if arum didnt like it he could counter offer but arum refused

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
          What happened that made Mikey Garcia sue Bob Arum? Like the full story? Idk the entire story, just read things and seen videos here and there.
          Not entirely sure, but I think that all of the issues started was when Garcia-Gamboa was being discussed, and it got leaked that Gamboa was getting north of $1m for the fight, while Garcia (undefeated champion at that point) was only looking at getting $500k-$600k.

Garcia asked Top Rank what was up, and Top Rank hasn't talked to the man since.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            But who's losing right now? Arum is worth a few hundred million while Mikey is sitting on the sidelines making no money and just building ring rust.

He should have honored his contract then left once his obligations were met.
            Injustice any time is every time; Garcia saw that the money seemingly wasn't right, so he's taking his stand and dealing with whatever else comes with it. Pride in being treated fair is often worth more than money.

So Mikey has to keep as fit as he can, manage himself on the money that he's already made, rely on his family network to keep him solid, and hope that the Top Rank situation gets settled in due time (Boxing is something else, but there shouldn't be anything like a forever contract, so an end will come soon).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Not entirely sure, but I think that all of the issues started was when Garcia-Gamboa was being discussed, and it got leaked that Gamboa was getting north of $1m for the fight, while Garcia (undefeated champion at that point) was only looking at getting $500k-$600k.

Garcia asked Top Rank what was up, and Top Rank hasn't talked to the man since.
              That's f+*cked messed up. It's not like Gamboa was a bigger star either, not significant enough to make more money than Mikey Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
                I say this, if Bob Arum (Top Rank Promotions) don't want to sort this thing out with Mikey Garcia, they should let him go and terminate his contract. Honestly, they're not making any money off of him having him on the shelf. Neither side seems happy, cut it off and let him go. I'm sure he'll have no problem finding a new home. Maybe Al Haymon and PBC? Roc Nation? I mean whoever can keep him active, paid fairly, and on TV.
                arum got him 34 fights in 7-8 yrs.

fights on tv, fights in vegas, l.a., n.y.

he got paid good.

his dumbass should have finished his TR deal then jumped ship.

but no he tried to break his contract. too stupid.

Comment

Arum is a spiteful old man, he is going to SIT on Garcia for as long as he can legally. I don't see why not just suck up your pride and sell off his contract to Haymon or what ever it is he is trying to do

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Mikey garcia is a bytch... Top rank took him to the top and was in line for a manny fight..

Garcia is an idiot
                    exactly, this what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you.

Bob arum was setting everything up to give him the keys to the kingdom sort of speak.

Comment

If Mikey Garcia said he wanted to leave or he didnt sign an extension, wouldnt Top Rank screw around with him even more.

Im not sure how it all works but dont promoters tie up deals before their current contract is completed. So if Mikey is delaying signing a contract, Top Rank would know something was up and stop offering him fights or something. Mess around with him because they have an inkling he wants to leave?

This is all before Mikey would offer to pay up his contract so that he could leave. Top Rank would rather keep him than take the money for him wouldnt they?

Comment

Working...
                      X