No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC on ESPN Averages 799K Viewers, Peaks at 1.1 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'd agree most casuals don't know what PBC is mainly cuz its only 4 months old & they haven't captured the non-boxing fan publics imagination. You don't create a new fan base or get the casuals watching boxing weekly instead of monthly or less frequently THAT quick. PBC is a long play not a short play as so many critics of PBC seem to think. It wasn't likely to have Justin Beiber walking Shawn Porter into the ring on primetime TV already. Obama wasn't going to be tweeting "Problem Solved" after Broner lost.

And no question there are issues with PBC. No one is saying they are perfect out of the gate or will be perfect 4 years from now if they make it that far. No one is saying they will 100% succeed in what they are attempting. This is a risky proposition & they were bound to have some **** ups & will have more in the future just like other ventures in & out of the sport of boxing.
    Good response,green k sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Terrible rating. Huge bomb. Not a good sign for PBC. Ratings keep spiraling down and even ESPN could not help.
      I love it!

War Top Rank & GBP!

Comment

• I'd like to see the ratings for the next PBC on ESPN being that UFC 189 was on the same night.

Comment

• Man some of you people are dumb as hell. It is a 2-3 year time buy. They already paid for all the TV spots. It is something new to this generation, and something new on free TV. There is a big peak at first, then it drops off. The key is building from there. Give it time. I think some of you will be shocked at what is going to happen. Christ people just bask it and I do not get why? Porter vs Broner on NBC, Garcia vs Peterson on NBC. What is the damn issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by orechia View Post
            Man some of you people are dumb as hell. It is a 2-3 year time buy. They already paid for all the TV spots. It is something new to this generation, and something new on free TV. There is a big peak at first, then it drops off. The key is building from there. Give it time. I think some of you will be shocked at what is going to happen. Christ people just bask it and I do not get why? Porter vs Broner on NBC, Garcia vs Peterson on NBC. What is the damn issue?
            You just named 2 fights ignoring the other 90% of the fights which were crap match ups like Thurman vs Collazo. And how is PBC building the ratings are tanking. Each months lower ratings then the month prior. And if PBC keeps losing money at this rate they won't get to year 2 let alone year 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Still waiting for one of the PBC defenders to tell me what's going to turn this mess around? They can't defend the numbers because they are just bad and they have been trending down each month since it debuted so their fall back excuse is Haymon investors got deep pockets and are in for the long run. But at some point the loses get to great and any smart business man will cut bait from a sinking ship. But what will change in another 6 months or a year? Please tell us what is going to change the declining ratings around? I mean you got bad ratings, bad attendance, hard core boxing fans complaining about the product and the mismatches, huge lawsuits against haymon and his investors, all while casual fans could care less about PBC. Please tell me what is the change that will turn all this around? I am following the trend and I see this just getting worse not better.
              Thurman-Collazo (the actual fight) drew an average of 1m homes with a peak of 1.2m.

Beyond that, and let's be clear about this point, people are willfully ignoring the variety in the commercials that have already been put on with the PBC broadcasts, It doesn't get any run here, but you hardly see any of those filler PBC commercials any longer.

The PBC commercials have some channel-related plugs, some local ad spots, and then 10-15 national/international corporations also paying for commercials (in addition to Corona being a title sponsor of the brand).

PBC was operating on a 3-5 year budget and the advertisers (seeing the strong ratings in that 18-54 demo) have been coming to the table.

keep hating if you want

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                Every time PBC number's aren't great, we seem to get threads full of PBC die-hard fans, who also happen to be business experts.

And everytime there's a bad PBC headline, we seem to get threads full of folks who openly fail to look beyond the headline and actually see the story.

800k viewers was the average viewer count for the entire PBC on ESPN broadcast, the Thurman-Collazo fight was seen by an average audience of 1m homes, with a peak of 1.2m homes; not an awe-inspiring number, but nowhere near as bad as you, and folks like you, want to paint it.

Comment

Working...
                X