Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd Mayweather have enough power to knock out Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    What about the fact that Khan looked slower in his last fight? Meaning, he's lost the only thing elite about him.
    I think there was a lot of negative hyperbole surrounding his performance, Khan is not a well liked individual.

Did he look slow against Alexander? I would expect that version of Khan, not the semi-motivated, complacent Algieri version.

Comment

He can but he has to follow up when he hurts him and Floyd usually doesnt do that. He made Cotto do the funky chicken dance in the 12th, followed up with a few punches but then just ran down the clock.

It would be nice to see him super aggressive, if he is, he can stop Khan. Guys like Canelo and Guerrero have solid chins, floyd landed on them almost at will because they chose to box with floyd. Khan chooses to box with floyd, it will be up to floyd to pressure enough to try to stop him. Floyd even left little JMM off the hook after dropping him.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

You don't expect Khan to hit him?

Of course, 20% of the time in fact.

Comment

If Floyd lands cleanly enough, and it turns into a Floyd v Guererro sort of fight he might get a late stoppage.

But I wouldn't put money in it ending that way

Comment

1. Maidana couldn't knock down Khan.

2. Khan has never been KO'd cold. Pacquiao has. Khan has never been KO'd cold. He has been stunned, and knocked down, but never KO'd cold. In the Prescott and Garcia fight, Khan was TKO'd (referee stopped the fight). Khan was on his feet when the fight was stopped. Yes, he was stunned and hurt, but he wasn't KO'd cold.

3. Floyd doesn't have much power anymore. His hands are brittle.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
              Alexander has above average power for a welterweight. It was enough to keep Maidana honest their whole fight. Maidana would walk through Algieri's shots like nothing and knock him out.
              Alexander's power is below average. He hasn't shown any real power at 147 at all. He kept Maidana honest mostly by clinching him. I haven't seen anything to suggest Alexander has above average power at welterweight.

Comment

Alexander didn't land much on Khan. Certainly Mayweather has the power and accuracy needed to KO Khan. Prescott and Garcia KOed Khan and Mayweather hits harder than they do because he is bigger. Mayweather has a fast accurate strait right and it will do the trick. He will nail Khan with this punch when Khan charges strait in. He will land follow up punches if nessessary. Remember Diaz hurt Khan and dropped him and Mayweather is about 10 times more formidable than Diaz.

Comment

A lot of people are referring to this as power, but I don't think power is strictly the case. If Khan is caught clean and doesn't see it. That's what puts him on queer street.

Floyd is the master at landing those. I'm not saying it'll end in a KO, I'm just saying those are the facts.

Comment

Khan is one of the most inconsistent boxers I have ever seen. Sometimes he fights so much better or worse than he did before that it's hard to believe he is the same fighter. If he fights as well as he fought against Judah, Paulie or Alexander he might do well against Mayweather. If he fights no better than he did against Diaz or Algieri then Mayweather will beat him with ease and knock him out in my opinion.

Comment

Mayweather doesn't have power to KO Khan, Khan survived against stronger opponents than Mayweather so Mayweather has no chance to KO khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X