Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd Mayweather have enough power to knock out Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's obviously not a big puncher...but Khan can be hurt at any given time it would appear.
    He can hurt him, maybe even drop him (i wouldn't be saying this if it was anyone other WW than Khan), but i doubt he would stop him. Would he follow up and take the risk. I doubt it..he seldom takes risks.

Comment

I'd say Khan and Floyd have about equal power, anyone can be stopped really if you catch them right, that's the thing about boxing - one punch can end the fight and you don't have to be a recognized power puncher to land that punch. Look at the recent Bradley vs Vargas fight for sort of an example of that. So I'd say Floyd does have enough power to stop Khan but of course Khan has enough power to stop Floyd too.

Comment

Does Floyd have enough power to stop Khan? YES

What is Floyd's most devastating power punch? Left Hook especially the Check Left Hook

Does Amir Khan have a weak chin? YES

Can Amir Khan get hit and is he susceptible to the left hook? YES

Does Floyd posses the most speed and accuracy(the solid shots that you don't see hurt the most) Khan would face? YES

Is Floyd the most complete all around fighter and the best Khan would face? YES

With Floyd's speed, power(way underrated by too many of you people... his hands just can't take him throwing heat), accuracy, and ring IQ I'm very sure he can hurt, put down, or stop Amir Khan. The fight depends on both fighters(styles make fights) and a lot of intangibles.

If Floyd gets hit with a good shot he will go at Khan or if he is(highly unlikely) being out boxed. With the way Floyd went at Mosley by walking him down after getting stunned... I don't think Amir can take that. I can see Floyd figuring out Khan, put him on queer street with a check hook, and follow it up for a ref/corner T/KO like the last limey ****(Ricky had a better chin and style clash imo too). I can also see a boring chess match where Floyd outboxes a tentative Amir with ease too. Amir Khan is an inconsistent fighter, where sometimes he looks good, and other times he looks like rubbish. No matter what Amir Khan shows up, he will at least be tentative because of the crisp, accurate, speedy shots Floyd lands on him. If Floyd's hands can take it and he's willing and/or forced he will get a T/KO. No matter what... Khan loses and Floyd wins at 38 years old lol.
        Last edited by JohnnyRebel; 07-06-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Hell No. Floyd hasn't had a KO since 2007. He'd dance his way to a boring decision per usual.

Comment

Amir Khan can be caught, specially if he over extends himself.

I wouldn't count on a knock out if they fight but Floyd can definitely knock him out with a smooth counter into combination.

Comment

Floyd's power is underrated. Floyd definitely has the power and more importantly, the ability to land enough shots on Khan to crack that chin.

Floyd by TKO.

Comment

He would just outbox Khan and win a comfortable decision.

Comment

Doesn't matter, nobody really wants to see Khan get this fight without deserving it.

Comment

Working...
                  X