Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd Mayweather have enough power to knock out Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he lands flush which seems very easy to do then khan will fold mentally but knock out? i dont see floyd commiting to his punches enough to do that

Comment

More important than Floyd's power is Khan's terrible defense.

Comment

There's a reason why people call floyd the black Malignaggi. He has no power. The only different between Paulie and floyd is that floyd has known how to market himself, Paulie hasn't. But they are both similar fighters..

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          He's not going to one punch KO him. But with how reckless Khan can get I can see a scenario where Floyd times him up and overwhelms him late in the fight a la Ricky Hatton.

The Hatton fight was way back in 2007 though. Does Mayweather still have the killer instinct?

Comment

Floyd has zero chance of koing khan.

He doesn't have anywhere near the ****** strength of danny garcia

Comment

And again, he doesn't need to KO Khan to win.

Comment

I don't think that Mayweather can KO Khan, even if he go for it.

Comment

He might not hit hard enough to KO Khan, but he WILL hit Khan. Khan's head movement is nonexistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                    Alexander doesn't really hit that hard either.

To answer the question, Floyd has the power to hurt Khan and drop him. I think it will be tough for him to stop Khan though. Khan has a lot of heart. Even in his KO losses, he has risen to his feet and wanted to continue. The referee would have to wave the fight off because Khan will keep rising.

Alexander has above average power for a welterweight. It was enough to keep Maidana honest their whole fight. Maidana would walk through Algieri's shots like nothing and knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                      There's a reason why people call floyd the black Malignaggi. He has no power. The only different between Paulie and floyd is that floyd has known how to market himself, Paulie hasn't. But they are both similar fighters..

Do people really call Mayweather the black Malignaggit? I've never heard that one.

Malignaggi doesn't use the shoulder roll, I don't think he fights anything like Mayweather.
                      Last edited by Santa_; 07-05-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X