Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd Mayweather have enough power to knock out Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    Algieri had enough power to make Khan dance a bit.
    Algieri is 5'10, he's almost a proper man. I would expect him to have some power.

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    He might not hit hard enough to KO Khan, but he WILL hit Khan. Khan's head movement is nonexistent.
    You don't expect Khan to hit him?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Algieri is 5'10, he's almost a proper man. I would expect him to have some power.

You don't expect Khan to hit him?
      Of course I do. I'm just saying the real problem is Khan's defense.

Comment

Of course I do. I'm just saying the real problem is Khan's defense.
        To me it's a fascinating fight stylistically because it may necessitate Mayweather moving onto the front-foot, which makes him a lot more vulnerable defensively.

On the other hand, while I've seen Khan win fights on the backfoot against Peterson and Algieri and winning standing in front of his opponent (e.g. Alexander), I don't think I've seen him as the hunter, beating an opponent who is fighting on the backfoot.

In terms of being outboxed, I think the last guy to do it was Mario Kindelan when Khan was 17 at the Olympics. Any other losses he's had since then have come as a result of KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          To me it's a fascinating fight stylistically because it may necessitate Mayweather moving onto the front-foot, which makes him a lot more vulnerable defensively.

On the other hand, while I've seen Khan win fights on the backfoot against Peterson and Algieri and winning standing in front of his opponent (e.g. Alexander), I don't think I've seen him as the hunter, beating an opponent who is fighting on the backfoot.
          Who'd win?

Khan can't outbox Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            I honestly think the Algieri fight was a fluke. I blame that poor performance on not training properly. Alexander hits way harder than Algieri and Khan was eating those shots up like M&M'S.
            Algeri is feather fisted yes, but so is Alexander. Alexander hasn't has a KO since 2010. He never really had huge power, in fact not much at all. He hurt opponents with overwhelming his opponents with shots.

Mayweather has enough power to knock Khan down... Khan also is a sucker for the Straight Right. I can see Mayweather wobbling him a few times but I don't see a KO.

Comment

Khan has a glass jaw so I think since Mayweather lands clean shots then he could definitely KO Khan. Judging from his past fights, I couldn't see him winning.

Comment

Maybe with a sucker punch.

Ppl always talk about mayweather koing his next opponent and they end up watching 12 rounds of "boxing". Post fight interview Floyd always says the same sh8t: "I was going for the knockout but i hurt my hand"

Mayweather aint knocking any1 out except for 140 fighters like hatton or sucker punching

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                  Khan has a glass jaw so I think since Mayweather lands clean shots then he could definitely KO Khan. Judging from his past fights, I couldn't see him winning.
                  Couldn't see who winning?

Comment

Who'd win?

Khan can't outbox Floyd.
                    I'd say Khan's chin ends up being decisive. Not because Floyd hits hard, but because he's accurate and his punch selection is very good. If he finds a punch that works, he'll keep throwing it and Khan will keep eating it and he doesn't react well to that.

I can see it being a good competitive fight though, I don't envision a 12-0 shut out.

Comment

What about the fact that Khan looked slower in his last fight? Meaning, he's lost the only thing elite about him.

Comment

Working...
                      X