No announcement yet.

Golovkin weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin weight

I've seen a lot of people question why Golovkin doesn't/hasn't moved up in weight so far in his career, without realising he fought at junior welterweight (141) and welterweight (152) at the start of his amateur career, so he has moved up in weight. Not as much as the likes of Pac and Floyd, but he has moved up almost 20 pounds since he started boxing.

Man this is a really stupid thread, I mean really stupid..Am and pro's are night and day..thats like saying Bradley should be at super middle weight since he fought at 165 in the Amateurs ..Hell Floyd was at 118

Comment

Why are GGG fans so fearful about him moving up in weight? Ya'll scream that he is this monster and GGG himself says he beats anyone at 168 so whats the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Man this is a really stupid thread, I mean really stupid..Am and pro's are night and day..thats like saying Bradley should be at super middle weight since he fought at 165 in the Amateurs ..Hell Floyd was at 118
        Typical ******ed response from you Larry. Your stupidity can drive a guy insane. I've lost a good number of brain cells reading some of your comments on here.

The point I'm making is Golovkin has moved up in weight, contrary to popular opinion. He turned pro later than a lot of top fighters, so people seem to be ignoring his move up in weight in the amateurs.

Bradley fought at 152 in the amateurs and is known to walk around very heavy btw.

Comment

Hes been a pro for ten years.. He hasnt moved up

Comment

Golovkin fought at 165 in the amateurs also.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Why are GGG fans so fearful about him moving up in weight? Ya'll scream that he is this monster and GGG himself says he beats anyone at 168 so whats the problem?
              Fearful? I'm not fearful at all you absolute mongrel, GGG isn't a family member of mine. I haven't once said he shouldn't or couldn't move up in weight, my point is he has already moved up.

Also you need to stop with the generalising, 'GGG fans this, GGG fans that'...grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Hes been a pro for ten years.. He hasnt moved up
                As a pro he hasn't moved up. We have to remember that he turned pro later than most top fighters, especially the US based ones.

Comment

Thanks, I was under the assumption he popped out his momma at 160lbs and has been fighting at that weight his whole boxing career

Comment

You don't need to move weight classes to be considered a great boxer.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                    X