Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley is one of the Most Overrated and Lucky Fighters in Recent History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    The Bradley hype began when he beat Devon Alexander in "the modern Hagler-Hearns"

Devon Dudley would have been a better scalp
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that hype they were building around that farcical fight

I was saying Bradley was overrated back then yet people weirdly think its because of Khan who he hadn't ducked yet or Kell Brook who was virtually unknown and in a different weight. Go figure....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Well I haven't seen you argue many points I made. It's mostly been "but Kell Brook doe".

Top 3 ranked P4P - overrated.

Getting fights with Pacquiao and Marquez - sheer luck and happenstance just because TR ran out of opponents for Pac and Marquez is a ****** when it comes to career choices. Robbery against Pacquiao - luck which lead to a needless rematch. Luck against Provodniov. Luck last night.
      Luck...... thats some hateful and dissrepsect to the guy who puts everything on the line , you are disgusting poster and a fan of the sport , You can say what you want but he fights live bodies and good/great oposition while most of the other fighters around him are just waiting for Floyd every 6 monthes fighthing avg comp. its easier to be P4P when you fight mediocre fighters and dominate them. as you well know boxing has levels and if you fight avg guys you can look like the next Ali.
      All i see in boxing lately is guys fighting missmatches to get easy wins , it makes their claim to be P4P any better ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluzi View Post
        Luck...... thats some hateful and dissrepsect to the guy who puts everything on the line , you are disgusting poster and a fan of the sport , You can say what you want but he fights live bodies and good/great oposition while most of the other fighters around him are just waiting for Floyd every 6 monthes fighthing avg comp. its easier to be P4P when you fight mediocre fighters and dominate them. as you well know boxing has levels and if you fight avg guys you can look like the next Ali.
        All i see in boxing lately is guys fighting missmatches to get easy wins , it makes their claim to be P4P any better ?
        He fought Jessie Vargas.

Comment

He fought Jessie Vargas.
          Bradley beat Lamont Peterson

Who's Khan beaten? Chris Algieri?

Comment

• Witter
            Holt
            Peterson
            Abregu
            Alexander
            Provonikov
            Marquez

Not a bad resume for a guy who's supposedly some average fighter. Bradley is the epitome of does everything well, but nothing spectacular by any stretch. The fact he's beaten as many good or solid fighters as he has is a testament to his will IMO.

I would love to see Bradley in with Keith Thurman right now.

Side note, but I still want to see Bradley vs Khan.
            Last edited by 4Corners; 06-29-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Beat Lamont Peterson - that other overrated American who has lost to Ortiz, Garcia, Matthysse and Khan?

Lets be honest he is another that is classed as this 'elite' fighter and is supposed to be so great yet the guys lost everytime he has stepped up, if we're honest about it.

Who the hell has he even beat? Willie Blaine? Dierry Jean?

I don't see people giving Matthysse props like its a huge win despite absolutely obliterating him yet Matthysse is the guy who is supposed to be NSBs most overrated fighter..

He also beat Ruslan a lot more convincingly and at his best weight.

Bradley was a very good 140lb fighter in a vastly overrated era, he is barely a top 10 welterweight.

Comment

• I don't think Bradley has much time left before he's past it though. Maybe a year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Beat Lamont Peterson - that other overrated American who has lost to Ortiz, Garcia, Matthysse and Khan?

Lets be honest he is another that is classed as this 'elite' fighter and is supposed to be so great yet the guys lost everytime he has stepped up, if we're honest about it.

Who the hell has he even beat? Willie Blaine? Dierry Jean?

I don't see people giving Matthysse props like its a huge win despite absolutely obliterating him yet Matthysse is the guy who is supposed to be NSBs most overrated fighter..

He also beat Ruslan a lot more convincingly and at his best weight.

Bradley was a very good 140lb fighter in a vastly overrated era, he is barely a top 10 welterweight.
                  The hate is strong. Go ahead name guys with better resumes. Hint. They'll all be in the top 10 also

Comment

By why is he even getting buckled by bum ass no power Jessie Vargas?
                    You talk as if Kell Brook didn't went life and death against Carson Jones.
                    Or as if he shut out Shawn Porter, he didn't, that was a close fight. And Shawn Porter is pretty mediocre.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

That's the way I see it except I have him on the top 5 WW. Not that it means much because the WW division is also pretty overrated at this time. The thing is that we are barely finding out who's who and what's what but at this point in time any one who manages to get a good win gets overrated and hyped up like no other. I honestly don't see anyone at WW that stands out as a "special " kind of fighter. They all seem to have some skill but lack that "well damn" that dude is a savage kind of feeling.

Comment

Working...
                      X