Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley is one of the Most Overrated and Lucky Fighters in Recent History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy Bradley is one of the Most Overrated and Lucky Fighters in Recent History

I've said it before and I'll say it again because I was proved right again last night.

He was fighting Jessie fking Vargas. A guy who wasn't even a good Junior Welterweight and has no power, yet the fight was competitive at times and Bradley got completely buckled by a guy with 9 stoppages. Then to top it off, he gets saved by the referee whilst hurt. If that had happened to any other fighter in a different country, there would be an outrage.

Why is Tim Bradley so highly thought of?? I mean he's a decent fighter, capable of winning world titles but people actually rated this guy as the 3rd best boxer in the world. Based on what?

None of his performances are ever dominant or impressive. You never see Bradley go out there and 12-0 a guy. These last two fights have supposed to have been showcases for him and there always manages to be some kinda controversy whereby he makes it's close enough or fuks up to the point where you're left with more questions than answers.

His career as a whole is littered with sheer luck too. He caught Junior Witter shortly after the death of his father and Witter was never that good anyway plus it was a really terrible fight for the vast majority. He fought Kendall Holt after Holt had just won a title via a headbutt against that Colombian kid and got dropped twice in another ho-hum display. Then he beats Alexander in another ugly ass fight after Devon had just been embarrassed in his hometown against Kotelnik.

And still not one of those performances were impressive or dominant. Then he ducks his biggest challenge/payday at 140 in Khan to fight Casamayor. Before he stumbles into a Pacquaio after being about 4th choice on the list and gets one of the worst robberies in recent history.

Then for some reason, after KOing Pacquaio, Marquez turns down a money spinning 5th fight and decides to fight Bradley of all people for far less. Bradley scrapes through again in a fight that I thought could have been a draw.

Finally his luck runs out in the Pacquaio rematch but by that time he's gained enough unwarranted money and exposure to go out and make it on his own as the A-side fighter yet he keeps producing these uninspiring performances.

I seriously thought he would whoop Jessie Vargas last night so I could be like "Ok, he showed he was a level above that kid" but he continues to fail to impress me.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 06-28-2015, 01:58 PM.

Bradley is so average it hurts me to see people here refer to him as P4P.

I heard people today say Bradley's never been in boring fights. Are you fuking joking? Come on people! Other than Provodnikov, all of his fights were absolute stinkers. He literally offers no entertainment value on his own skills.

The only thing that's interesting watching Bradley fight is seeing him get clocked and watch how he deals with it.

Comment

I'm not on the "top 3" bandwagon, but I think he's a very good fighter. Awkward style, comes to fight, ton of heart, pretty willing to fight anyone.

He gets way too wreckless at times, and he's probably in trouble against bigger punchers at 147+, but I like watching fights when he's involved.

Comment

they almost robbed bradley vs witter

witter did naff all that fight

almost robbed him vs marquez too

and he went into depression after the first pac fight

and he got concussed badly vs provo

i wouldnt say hes that lucky

hes come far for a guy with his talent level

its a testament to his sheer will, determination

Comment

Most definitely.

Only performance that I was impressed by was Peterson.

And the idea that he's some defensive wizard and a great counter puncher is a bad joke.

Comment

Certain fights reveal a boxing fan's bias or puts their stupidity out there for the world to see.

I agree that Timothy Bradley is overrated. That being said, clinging to him getting buckled by Vargas is moronic. We have seen him in the ring with bigger punchers in Marquez and Pacquiao. What that should tell you is that the placement of a punch is equally, if not, more important; it should also tell you that some fighters don't pack a hard punch because of their style, which can change when they decide to sit down on their punch.

Bradley getting buckled was down to his poor defence, not an issue with his chin. For the entirety of the fight, Vargas was unable to hurt him but in the 12th round he sat down on his punch and caught him flush.

Should also be a lesson to people thinking they could go 12 rounds with a pro because of their KO record. Against a lesser opponent, they wouldn't have a problem landing hurtful punches at will.

Comment

It's obvious you just don't like Bradley. He easily beat Vargas 8-4 maybe 9-3. You expect the guy to win 12-0? He got caught by a big punch being wreckless. That and his lack of power are his major weaknesses yet he continues to keep winning.

He was robbed against Chaves, who is a decent fighter. Bradley is not flashy but he always finds ways to win. He has only been out matched by one man in Pacquiao.

Comment

We all know that you don't like him you really shouldn't broke a sweat with making this thread.

"Bradley is being overrated" coming from you who hype Brook up to the skies based on 1, I repeat ONE, so one single ugly win over Porter.
                No offense but you should look around your own courtyard before making threads about Bradley is being overrated.

Comment

Sometimes it isnt about your tools but how you make them work and Bradley makes his tools work. Kinda like Froch. Lets face it, Froch isnt very skilled but yet look at all the success he's had.

Now let's look at Broner. He has everything going in his favor but the guy just can't make his tools work for him worth ****.

Comment

Brook fans are shook down to their knickers for some reason "never seen him 12-0 a guy" and? It's not easy to 12-0 world champions. You thought tim vs juan coulda been a draw? Yea you're not biased at all. That was an easy 8-4 smh. Vargas would be brooks second best win

Who cares that he got buckled? It was a hail marry that landed. Anybody can get hurt at any time. Pac never even knocked him down give me a break

Comment

Working...
                    X