Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Why should Floyd have to fight ggg?

The guy fought pacquaio on fight night weighing a buck 50

Real reason people want the fight is so that they can see Floyd lose. It's irrefutable and clear as day.

Ggg's team using Floyd's name to promote themselves.

They constantly say how ggg is so avoided . this is just a ploy to make it look like Floyd is ducking ggg. You wanna call it ducking then go ahead.

But let's be realistic, a Floyd vs ggg fight is ridiculous. It's like Bradley vs ggg . Look at the comments in the Bradley ggg thread and compare them to the ones here, then you'll see the hate for Floyd is the motive behind people calling for this fight

If you are being marketed as a beast then do things which reflect that. Don't pick on welterweights.

Or be straight up with the fans and say every move you make is because of money .

Avoid ward - too high risk for the reward
    Want to fight Oscar- for the money and profile
    Want to fight Floyd- money and profile
    Quite a few people are saying they hope GGG/Floyd happens, but only a few are actually calling for it. Maybe about the same number as those that keep saying GGG is ducking Ward or calling out Floyd, neither of which is true.

And btw, team Golovkin have always been honest about why GGG/Ward isn't happening yet - not enough money in it.

And they have never tried to deny that the reason Floyd would be GGG's "dream fight" is because of the money and the profile. Is a boxer supposed to be ashamed of fighting for fame and fortune all of a sudden?

Comment

How much does golovkin rehydrate to anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        seems pretty needless. the mayweather and de la hoya fights are pipe dreams, alvarez and cotto won't go near him even at 154 lbs, and lara has already agreed to come up to middleweight. losing muscle mass is unhealthy, especially for a 30-something, so i hope he knows what he's doing
        relevant observations; i don't think even GGG thinks there's much chance of a Floyd fight happening.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Quite a few people are saying they hope GGG/Floyd happens, but only a few are actually calling for it. Maybe about the same number as those that keep saying GGG is ducking Ward or calling out Floyd, neither of which is true.

And btw, team Golovkin have always been honest about why GGG/Ward isn't happening yet - not enough money in it.

And they have never tried to deny that the reason Floyd would be GGG's "dream fight" is because of the money and the profile. Is a boxer supposed to be ashamed of fighting for fame and fortune all of a sudden?
          not at all, at least IMO! that's what professional boxing is . . . a business. GGG and his team might want a match-up with Mayweather but know it isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
            If this is truly the case, there should be no excuses for why GGG can't fight Cotto or Canelo at a catchweight.......correct?
            Exactly. I am sure GGGroupies will come up with another excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post

href="https://twitter.com/GGGBoxing">@GGGboxing started training to make 154 if Floyd decides to defend his WBC and WBA 154 pound titles pic.twitter.com/2ZAryV1iIy
              — Tom Loeffler (@TomLoeffler1) 22 junho 2015

Must be a new training method.
              For those too lazy to click on the link or just too ignorant to bother...

Here is the picture of GGG starting his 'training'...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
                How much does golovkin rehydrate to anyway
                ... to 147.........................................

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Who hasn't called out Floyd. Hopkins and Ward both offered to drop down to 160 for a Floyd fight. Difference here is Golovkin is offering to fight Floyd at a weight class Floyd's competed in 3x already, and if the story is legit he's agreeing to essentially do a same day weigh-in.

I don't know if Golovkin's really trying to cut down to 154 in hopes of getting this, but I hope it's not true. I remember when Paul Williams did the same thing. He was calling out Floyd & Manny, then had the rematch with Sergio at 157lbs in order to keep low and made history. In all likelihood this is talk is just a publicity stunt like the Dela Hoya and Bradley talk.
                  Lol Hopkins fought pascal and kovalev recently - both bigger guys

Ggg just said he would fight Oscar off a multiple year lay off and a welterweight who rehydrated to 150 pounds

Lmao

Facts are facts

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    If he makes 154lbs and Floyd says no, he should fight Demetrius Andrade.
                    I really want to see this match-up at some point.

Comment

I will forever be on Floyds D!CK if he fights GGG, rehydration clause or not. Damn I wish Golovkin could garentee PPV like Canelo did vs Floyd so Floyd had 2.3million reasons to fight Gennady.

I'm wishing on a starrrrrrrr!!

Comment

Working...
                      X