Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans: Calm down about Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather is just promoting him but Haymon won't rush him along for Mayweather, they will continue to let him work his way up.

As for Spence Jr in the ring? Slow? WHERE? WTF? Or are some of you just REACHING! I'm not seeing slow and I'm watched A LOT of Spence Jr.

But you know what, no need to debate, we shall see over the next few years if he is the real deal or not. My money is on him being a good one and it is not because of that performance yesterday that is just a SAMPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      He's got the talent to be a world champ I suppose but he'll never be the elite p4p n#1 and future people want him to be.
      Lol wtf so not being the best fighter in the world makes him no good? Broner is a 3 time champ. He'll take away 1 of the weaker ones and he's still a legit 2 time champ and people call him a hype job

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Crawford is patient, and he boxes.

Spence has no rhythm, rushes his work, slow feet, easy to hit, doesnt know if he wants to be a brawler or a boxer...His chin was hanging in the air last night

They need to move him up slowly, he simply aint ready, way to many flaws
        Crawford sits back to his detriment, one punch won't bail him out all the time. His defense also is sorry for a guy given such credit for his boxing abilities.

Crawford is a good fighter though, but he has plenty of flaws I can nitpick also.

Spence is an aggressive fighter who can box a bit, a classic boxer puncher. If he runs into a master boxer who is totally committed to the task of not engaging he will have issues with those guys. Those guys are pretty rare though, and can easily be avoided.

Comment

Errol Spence is a decent fighter. But something about his fight style makes me think "The second coming of Berto". I don't know why that is.

Comment

Much tighter than Berto. The guy was bored to tears last night. Hopefully he shows more excitement in future fights. He has tools but nothing special on display last night.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              Lol - speed in boxing is king. Too many people like you associate speed, with just hand speed. Spence is not fast in general, which is difficult to overcome when you are being touted as an elite prospect.

Ill tell you what name me 5 fighters who have made it to the very top of the sport who didn't have at least very good speed for their weight class? You will find that most of the guys you name had at least 2 out of 3 of the following qualities: toughness, world class power, unbelievable stamina, or a combination of all 3.
              Hopkins, Ward, Hagler, Marquez, Chavez Sr.

They're top class fighters whom I don't consider to have very good speed for their weight class. Your closing comments are irrelevant to my post as you are just shifting the goal post; I commented on speed so bringing up stamina, toughness and world class power is irrelevant.

Bottom line is speed is not the be and end all that modern boxing fans are making it out to be. You had people drinking the Broner because koolaid because his hand speed was fast, then Maidana put a hiding on him. People are still on that Khan koolaid even after Garcia and Prescott displayed what timing could do.

Comment

He would Texas barbeque half the top contenders tomorrow. My opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Why do you keep saying "new hope" as if there's never any good American boxers lol
                  Exactly! A lot of Super Stupid people on this forum. America don't need "HOPE" when it comes to boxing. Just go look at any boxing All Time Great List! How about others try to CATCH UP to what America has produce in boxing before trying to tell America who the fuk they should believe in or hype.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Bottom line is speed is not the be and end all that modern boxing fans are making it out to be.
                    Most of them just use it when it fits in their agenda. When it comes to dick riding Golovkin, Brook, Kovalev, Garcia, Maidana or any other good but not fast fighters, the nitpicking about speed disappears immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Hopkins, Ward, Hagler, Marquez, Chavez Sr.

They're top class fighters whom I don't consider to have very good speed for their weight class. Your closing comments are irrelevant to my post as you are just shifting the goal post; I commented on speed so bringing up stamina, toughness and world class power is irrelevant.

Bottom line is speed is not the be and end all that modern boxing fans are making it out to be. You had people drinking the Broner because koolaid because his hand speed was fast, then Maidana put a hiding on him. People are still on that Khan koolaid even after Garcia and Prescott displayed what timing could do.
                      Hopkins and Ward don't have very good speed? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Marquez doesn't have good speed?? In comparison to who? Pacquiao? Bradley?

I am sorry but I can't agree with you on the above, the only person on koolaid here is you. But my 'closing comments' are relevant because Chavez and Hagler were exactly the type of fighters I knew you were going to name, you could throw Foreman and others into that equation, and they are iron men, exactly the type of qualities I was describing in that paragraph. Which is how you need to be to exist at elite level without elite speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X